DAB info display

duffbeerman

Reaction score
I like to have the artist and track name displayed on the DAB screen constantly (don't you hate it when a good song comes on and you don't know what it's called?!). I would rather not have to enter the MMI menu each time I want to check.
There's a bewildering amount of settings in the Owner's Manual for the new A4 but I can't find the answer to this anywhere. It seems odd that there is a huge space below the station name but I can't use it to display any extra info.

Am I missing something?

I don't think you can have it on permenantly, just for the session. It was the same with my ford...

Thanks for your answer....not what I wanted to hear though. Seems like such a simple thing, not sure why you can't do it.

I may be wrong but I always thought the artist and track name scrolled round with the DJ's name and some other useless info and that this was broadcast by the station itself so can't be altered.

It does when you turn on info, or radio text whatever its called but it is on only for that session, however I can't say its definately the same on the a4 as my a3...

My son's 3 series displays the scrolling text all the time but I don't have dab in my S5 so don't know about the Audi unit.