DAB Radio Standard on S5 b8.5?

Corbula

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a used S5 b8.5 and on the approved used website I've notice that very few have DAB radio listed as an optional extra. Most of them don't though.

I would imagine DAB radio would be standard on an S5, I'm looking at 2014 onwards.

Was it standard or was there a particular year when it became standard?

In 2014 DAB was standard on a base-spec 1.8 SE, so it would be standard on the S5. It's not listed as an option.

Thanks, I thought it would be. It just because I saw it listed as a option on one that I was looking at that made me question it.

Does anyone know what changes were made for the S5 after around 2013. As in the MY changes they do or has basically nothing changed between then and the end of that model?

It’s a shame and quite surprising how many poverty spec, so called, top of the range cars exist on the approved used site! PITA.

I know what you mean. I'm only really looking for a Black Edition and one with the Technology Pack. Anything else I'm just considering a bonus as there isn't anything really that stands out as a must have for me. It's also a shame how many put the split black/red or black/white interior in them as well.

I have got my eye on one though, a 2015 with just under 30k miles on it for just under £25000.

Thats a good price for the mileage. I just paid £22.5k for a mid 2014 Mythos black S5 with 45k miles on it. Loaded with stuff though, BE, ADS, Sports diff, Dynamic steering, MMI 3G+, Tech pack, Storage pack, Interior light pack, Memory drivers seat (2 tone black and grey). I'm really enjoying the car, i bought a Carista and have unlocked some more features.

The one I'm looking at is a BE with the Tech Pack and a couple of minor things as well.

I've just had a quick look at Carista, never heard of it before. What features have you been able to unlock?

The one I'm looking at is a BE with the Tech Pack and a couple of minor things as well.

I've just had a quick look at Carista, never heard of it before. What features have you been able to unlock?
I have the Carista ODB adapter and the Carista app on my phone, i have enabled the MMI menu item that allows me to adjust the intensity of the footwell lights, I have enabled the option where the car remembers the start/stop button position and enabled the alarm activation ding. There are loads more things you can do but a lot of the options in the app i could already do in the MMI or were already enabled.

I believe it is possible to enable Audi's drive select if it was not installed at the factory but you will need to install the ADS button on the centre console, do a search on this as i could be mis-informed.