DAB Retrofit - Audi A4 B8 2008 with Concert Radio

jamin128

Reaction score
Afternoon All, I am looking to fit DAB to my 2008 A4 B8 with concert stereo.

Does anyone know what part numbers I will need, and if the antena is already built into the rear windscreen?

Thanks in advance :)

If you want to do it the OEM way. Mine is the same as yours I think. It will be £XXXX's, I've had a read up on it before. I'll have a look, two minutes.

No worries, did you find out the cause of the other problem? I've been really busy working away. I'll have a look at your messages as well.

Thought I had as it was better for a while, but it has come back.

I didn't want to nag you as I know your a busy man.

I've just bought the following 8R2035186 A cheap off of ebay because reading another post, I thought that the black glossy units had dab.

Have i made a big mistake ?

I've just bought the following 8R2035186 A cheap off of ebay because reading another post, I thought that the black glossy units had dab.

Have i made a big mistake ?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398357958558727

This is my one and it doesn't have any DAB, sadly... The part numbers are the same, just the revision is different.

I'll look at how to do it again.

Toby

But I know I didn't go through with it as it was stupidly expensive. I'm currently using my iPhone on the iPlayer radio app through the AUX as a temporary fix.

I have DAB and its just not there yet I lose it a lot between Redcar and Nottingham ....

Do you know what part number the radio was?

Do you have a concert radio?

yes please :) I should be able to get it from the car, I have a MMI 3G with HDD satnav so I might have a different version ?

Hate to disappoint again but that is a huge retro-fit. Different control modules as well as the 5F Control Head. It IS possible though :)

8T1 057 186 A

^^^ that's the concert radio (3rd gen) WITH dab radio. You would need lots of other parts though! LOTS lol

Just a thought, but I have AMI in my glovebox.

Does anyone know if the Dension USB DAB would work with it?

Wow I didn't realise there was so much to it!! So glad whoever bought my car new specced nav, ami, dab etc!

I rang the stealer ship today for a quote to retrofit and they said around £330 which I reckon is cheap enough if anyone is still interested.

Reactions: Audigit