DAB retrofit, MMI 2G High with Sat Nav

chrisw880

Reaction score
As above, anyone know if its possible or have done the following and know what the part numbers are?

Thanks in advanced

Depends if you want to go OEM or not. OEM module is 4E0910563C. On top of this you need a fibre adapter and power lead (you can get these of eBay). You'll also need to change your antenna amp and run a new FAKRA cable from it to the tuner.

Alternatively kufatec sell a product called Fistune. It's a bit more up to date and supports DAB+ but at a slightly higher cost. Still requires a new antenna amp as well. It works on the MMI in the same way as OEM though.

Audi can do it for you and it's something like £150 inc VAT. Might just be easier to go there?

I have the setup you aspire to have, I would go with the Kufatec having used their products many a time.

Is there a guide available on how to do this? I would like the OEM upgrade - thanks
It's relatively easy to do as long as you have VCDS as you need to code the car. Other than that, swap antenna amp, put in line power cable in, in line fibre cable, connect up antenna amp to dab tuner and code the car.

The only other condition is if you have an Avant as you would either need new glass putting in the side winow or use an external antenna. Saloon are a much easier upgrade.

Reactions: bobby singh
Reactions: BigRusko
Have you got any error codes on VCDS?

Wondering if you need some form of powered antenna as the OEM would be amplified by the glass antenna.

No VCDS errors
The halfords item is glass mount and does have a power connection so i tried 12v from the cigarette lighter but made no difference.
Im assuming a faulty dab unit would bring up a error in vcds.

I would have thought so...I would be inclined to pick up a glass mount antenna to see if that works.