DAB to DAB + MMI 3G High

PVAU

Reaction score
Hello all, I've spent ages searching and trying to find suitable parts but I can't find an answer anywhere to my query.

I have a 2010 A4 B8 with MMI 3G High, never been updated. Unit in boot is a 4F0 035 061 D

DAB works perfectly - but I do not have access to DAB+ stations.

Can I upgrade the system to receive DAB+?

Thanks alot

DAB+ uses the same frequencies and antenna, it just uses different codecs.

I believe the unit in the B8.5 can decode DAB+. If you can tell me what channels are DAB+ I can confirm to you, and also the part number of my unit in the boot. I have a 2015 B8.5 with MMI 3G+.

To be honest it’s probably much easier to just get a RSNav unit which will work better, have modern tech and give you your elusive DAB+

How are you ascertaining that you don’t have DAB+ and others do?
Missing radio stations - like Radio X.
DAB+ uses the same frequencies and antenna, it just uses different codecs.

I believe the unit in the B8.5 can decode DAB+. If you can tell me what channels are DAB+ I can confirm to you, and also the part number of my unit in the boot. I have a 2015 B8.5 with MMI 3G+.

To be honest it’s probably much easier to just get a RSNav unit which will work better, have modern tech and give you your elusive DAB+
Others are Capital Dance, Capital xtra, Capital extra reloaded, Smooth Chill, Smooth UK.
Thanks - if you have these perhaps I can just buy the newer tuner and swap them?

I did look quite heavily into RSNav, but got the feeling it was a little buggy - albeit with excellent support I don't want to regularly have to troubleshoot issues and deal with compromises.

Hello all, I've spent ages searching and trying to find suitable parts but I can't find an answer anywhere to my query.

I have a 2010 A4 B8 with MMI 3G High, never been updated. Unit in boot is a 4F0 035 061 D

DAB works perfectly - but I do not have access to DAB+ stations.

Can I upgrade the system to receive DAB+?

Thanks alot

Done this in my A6 recently.

DAB+ module added today to replace the normal DAB unit from 2009.

CP removed and jobs a good ‘un :) 4G0035061D for anyone interested.

17db7bdf-3171-49fa-bf83-fc7efdea2418-jpeg.244501

Done this in my A6 recently.
Awesome great work!

So is it as simple as swapping my current unit for a 4G0035061D?

Any coding/consumer protection issues?

Can I still update the car firmware and maps to latest?

Yes you will need component protection removed once installed.

Reactions: PVAU
Just in case anyone finds this I bought a 4G0035061D of a seller on ebay - for £200 from Poland. Arrived in a week - easy to swap out the unit in the boot and now have access to all DAB + stations, a worthwhile upgrade. No component protection issues but I think the seller removed it somehow.

Reactions: Darren92
Just in case anyone finds this I bought a 4G0035061D of a seller on ebay - for £200 from Poland. Arrived in a week - easy to swap out the unit in the boot and now have access to all DAB + stations, a worthwhile upgrade. No component protection issues but I think the seller removed it somehow.
Hi,
I am looking to upgrade the DAB tuner in my B8. I don't suppose you have the details of the seller in Poland do you? I'm hoping I can find the DAB+ tuner and drop it in without any coding issues. Also, is this the same setup for the B&O with MMI 2G high? Thanks.