Dampers doesnt fit what to do

Reaction score
So I bought front and back dampers bilstein b6 for my audi a3 8v 2.0 tdi sportback.
But acting like a fool didn't noticed some things.
So the back dampers was okay fitted everything fine.
The front doesn't fit because they are bigger (55mm) and as I understand my car can take 50mm . So the problem is what should I do now?
There are 2 options 1 change the part's needed to fit them ( I don't know which these parts are and the cost of them)
2 find someone to agree to exchange these dampers bilstein b6 55 mm part number 229872 to the right 50 mm bilstein b6 which as I searched is part number 229865 (?). The problem is that as the mechanic tried to fit them , they are scratched a little bit . But they are new not used at all ...
I bought them online in summer from another country (from Germany) and changing them from them isn't an option. Also a note that with my vin number the right ones are the ones I bought...
Please suggest me what should I do ? Thank you.

Sell them as used and buy the correct pair.

I highly doubt you can change a 55mm strut to a 50mm strut. You'll need to ask Bilstein but I can't expect it to be possible - maybe you could send it back to them to do, but again, the costs involved inc postage may outweigh a pair of new struts.

You are talking about an engine swap in another thread which will cost thousands, so I am sure you're able to cope with the cost of two dampers.

You could talk to retailer about supplying the wrong parts according to your VIN, and explain you only noticed during fitment. If you paid on Credit Card, you also have protection there , so talk to them also if you want to go down that route.

The solution was that I changed the yellow part of the shock to one that fitted (50mm) to part 35- 229902 as I see this is from b8 . I guess 229865 that is from b6 will do the same job. So for anyone that have this problem know that this is a possible solution.