Dans A4 B7 3.0 Tdi S-Line Avant Black Edition Auto

Dan-1981

Reaction score
Hi all,

here is my A4 Avant. its a 2007, 127k on the clock, Full Audi History, loads of big bits changed by the previous owner (via Audi) who had it from 2008, looks like it may have been part of a company scheme as all the bills we paid by his company. I got it last Monday from a car dealer (independent in Bristol)

I had a few snags with the reg being private and the V5/c/2 not letting me tax the car, luckily I was duty for three days and it was sorted.

I'm not sure what is standard for an S-Line that is also a Black Edition.

But what I have seen so far:

Black Alloys and Front Grill (not the roof rails??)
Elec Heated Seats and Mirrors.
Pro Nav with Bose (rear left door making a strange beeping noise, all the time)
18s on black alloys.
Paddle shift.
DIS on dash and main screen.
It came with a Bluefin which is installed.
Elec windows all round.
A solar sun roof, not really sure what it does and I live in Plymouth so it rains, a lot.
Xcarlink aux adaptor for 3.5mm jack (male) and an old skull iPod (one on the way from ebay!)

Here are some pics:
ZVr2yOLkw2M0Y8HHU7KiXoUVTPqbg0K8tdOPcE_dB0w

CiWlHtKBLWUjT1IaBBjo-BClWWJwXGcA8NW3nlgpBZ8

2c6XPO3sEzRy8E8augb-U_4mU-Yw-JvhFF_VMlwONSo

Q6QFSGsIyUMvVQRcM-FA32eRrgTKfljCnHixUDjlUH0

I was trying to track down the constant buzzing from the rear door speaker, pulled the fuse that obviously stopped it, and using the radio! then disconnected the speaker that also stopped it. on closer inspection a bit of water was seen on the inner speaker guard, I took it apart and to water present or damage on the speaker.

I read on the Audizine forum that a software up date (Nav DVD) can sometimes cure this. I have ordered a 2016 Nav DVD with map and system update, that should be here next week. Touch wood it has not happened so far.

Part of me thinks it could be the Car link, when I first got the car I was messing with the CD changer function (the CD changer in glove box is not there!!) it was when selecting CD 1 to 6 the buzzing started, not sure if this is a coincidence or me messing but that was the start. I can plug the 3.5mm jack in to my HTC M8 and it plays music clearly, but as the lead is in the glove box I can't control the music. So 2nd hand iPod it is then.
mZZ4T4-2T66J8MCDjbI1A9okqzTV3wVMh4HYFQko4KY

I wanted to put an inline battery cut off, mainly because in a few months I will have to leave the car for 4 weeks at a time while I work away and wanted to prevent battery drain, the car didn't like this so I took it off. The battery was flat ish when we picked the car up, the temp was below freezing and I drained it yesterday when fitting LEDs, and some other bits. Should I get a new one???

vwELjAPrTY5poHOZU701MGPGr5qBYbba5PXhYvKdPA0

As with all my new cars, I got a few bits. Key fob for marque. an OBDII reader, but I linked to my audi and not the OBDII by mistake, so not really tried it yet. Not sure if I trust it, even though the Torque App has had good reviews. A new Car torch as the dog helped break the previous one!!!!! and some LED interior lights, which are really bright!

e2ZjOTmJasUvZT7DFR0jJkT6iVdjZjc__psqPS6yae0

Sounds like a good spec pal, you need to check the image links though as they aren't working.

are any of the pics visible? I used Dropbox links.

None of them are visible Dan....best way to use dropbox on the forum is to drag them across from your folder into where you type and you'll get little pics showing beneath with two options of either Thumbnail or Full Size.

Hahahaha....I think you've gotten a little carried away Dan.

You'll get used to how to do it soon enough!

And welcome to the best shaped B7 club....the AVANT.

Reactions: Dan-1981
And I thought Dropbox was fool proof..... I do prefer the Avant and you get more car....

Reactions: carlcall
So got back from work and my new 2016 Nav disc was here, I checked it in and seems to work, tried some locations around
Unspecified
and it came u with a route. Also etc TMC is now on.

Also I had the XTool VAG401. While I try and figure out what lead and how to get VAGCOM / VCDS to work on my mac this will do.

It had some good reviews, Data logging, downloading to PC/MAC, Normal reset stuff also some coding??

Engine Sub-Menu
Unspecified

ECU Coding???

Unspecified

Any Ideas? on codes?

Unspecified

Hopefully tomorrow my new plates will turn up with the Euro GB decal (and no naff garage logo), my 2nd hand IPOD for some tunes in the car, glove box LED (Full set) and lastly the Audi sport sticker!!!!!!

So today my Euro plates arrived,
21fcf498aa41a12d862909f2ec9a9ede.jpg

Also my glove box led turned up, the iPod is tits up so I'll be sending that back.

A new battery should arrive tomorrow as mine is down to 11v and struggling to start.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

ee433799e0037730f491f10d7443566a.jpg

What is the lead going from the top of the battery to the passenger side bulkhead for? A breather?

Yes it's a breather Dan.

Your photo skills are getting worse haha.

Reactions: THQuattro
ha ha

that was from my phone using tap talk.

My new battery does not have a breather.......

it will have a vent , but may not use the same remote venting option as in your pic, normally there is a small angled plastic tip that is fitted on the top edge somewhere, the pipe will just push on , the idea behind the remote venting is to move away any gases etc away from the battery rather than around the battery itself, which can lead to corrosion formation in the battery compartment area.

Reactions: Audi-Rog and Dan-1981
11d1204bc3421aa19f8d4964a7f86cfa.jpg

Slapped on a forum sticker!

Reactions: THQuattro and Baka
44f57cdef1b993832fddb82d46b71a71.jpg

Old skool iPod ready for the car!!!!

Reactions: Audi-Rog and THQuattro
So today with the help with Total Technik I ran a 3.5mm AUX lead through the dash trim to the drivers side.
Unspecified

Un like the E46 where you can just pop off the trim, this is really secure, although it had a screw missing on the passenger side, I could not find a replacement in my spare bits box. I have ordered 2 x 2GB SD cards to back in the head unit so now I have 3 sources of music As long as the SD cards work!) but the iPod is playing up and is always on random! but worse case is I just use my phone which has a massive micro SD card.

Next was a whole number plate unit

Unspecified 1

The screws really are made of cheese, and at an awkward angle, hopefully the last time I will ever have to do these, I will see if the error pops up tonight.

If anyone needs my old bulb holders you can have them for free. SD cards tomorrow!!!!!

Attachments

• unspecified-2.jpeg
    unspecified-2.jpeg
    230.3 KB · Views: 151
Reactions: THQuattro
So today de badged the rear sides, but ****** scratched the plastic trim!!!!!!! Also successfully swapped the front chrome s-line badge for a black and red quattro one. I didn't like the big quattro one as I couldn't fix it , well securely enough for me so that's on my tool box.
c18bf1ae8944c576c462e956a60596a1.jpg
b5d408c92979f9515501766e220bd7d7.jpg
772b95888a40fcb6517c0bab411cc5ca.jpg
6457090849ce632c3fe2a4197a6c422e.jpg
46ea103792f29c3592a1cfbdde2dd34a.jpg

Reactions: James.c
So today I gave the car a good old clean.

I used some PH neutral foam which stuck a little longer than the autoglym stuff but it may be my spray gun. It's the keracha one.
3cc8cc7caecb5b24af063a2e1bcf743b.jpg

Then some wax:

cc5ff3dd0bd9b841d305893a21b5374e.jpg

Used my eBay rotary polisher to buff most of the wax off, then used a cloth to take the last bit off. Unfortunately I have now seen or found a load of scratches and damaged lacquer. Any ideas on how to repair it?
0bfb1ac537edec98fe9162fecde2cce4.jpg

I liked the front black quattro badge so much I got one for the back end.

3431984cf4d6363d8c33e85a63491c55.jpg
3b020ae9d0eab12fe8168de411e70d24.jpg

Reactions: James.c and Dani_B19
Nice thread!

I see you're a fellow 3.0tdi owner! :friends:I'll be honest, I prefer your colour though (mine is silver).

Reactions: Dan-1981
Nice thread!

I see you're a fellow 3.0tdi owner! :friends:I'll be honest, I prefer your colour though (mine is silver).

Hi mate, the blue is starting to grow on me, but my paint work is in a right state, loads of road stone chips and the front Lacquer is in a state. Wish I hadn't washed it....

I do like silver cars though, here is my beloved E46 (and a bit of photo magic)

2016 12 29 PHOTO 00003759

I don't hate silver, just that I'd rather it wasn't. I have somehow ended up with 2 silver cars though.

Loving the e46. You still have it? What engine is it?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mate I really messed up, I traded it in for £300 in the excitement of getting the B7 home and not faffing with insurance, plus I was only on weekend leave. In hind sight I should have just put a deposit down and came back the following week with my old man and collected the Audi. I could have given the BMW to him for free and then it would still be around. It is a proper mistake that p&%%es me off every time I think about it.

Doh!!!!

Anyway it was an old PX I got for cash almost half of the internet price, 328 auto, nice trim and loved the staggered wheels. It was a bit thirsty but apart from a steering pump, never let me down in almost 3 years. I went on a 8 week patrol , came back and it started first time!!

****** hell I think I miss her!!!

But yeah, good car to work on to.

That's gutting. I hate selling cars on that we love, especially when it's for cheap.

How thirsty do you find the b7? Mine is rather thirsty, as bad as my 1.8t b5 kindof thirsty.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Well so far the only runs that I have worked out tank to tank are Plymouth to Portsmouth on the coast road, which are M,Way, Dual Carriage way and A and B roads. some quite fast, hilly and good swooping bends. All at legal speeds obviously. that range between 33mpg to 38mpg. On a run from Bristol to Plymouth was 45mpg, in testing conditions. But we don't buy these cars for MPG.

True, I didn't buy it for mpg, but I was shocked that I'm struggling to get 30mpg ha. It's been mapped, so no doubt that won't help as I still have a heavy foot too.

I need a good clear run to test it. Cheers though.

I think things like servicing, good long / fast runs help MPG. But if we wanted mpg we would buy a small diesel and just do 70 on m.ways.

So here is my first attempt as using plasti dip. One light coat, followed by 5 more. I left about 30 minutes between coats and left it overnight to set / dry. I didn't do the front due to time, but I'm not sure if I want to do the front???

edc1c4c557bf051aabd30c123f588464.jpg

Looks ace that! Might do the badge on mine. Was considering pulling it off, but that's peeled away nicely.

I did my valance similar. About 30 mins between coats. Only did 4 on that though.

Watch it peel off when we wash the car ha.

Valance?

I'll be carefully washing the badge...

So today the new air filter arrived. Earlier this week when I checked the existing filter, it was a K&N cacked in dirt, I gave it a good clean and I could feel the difference straight away, no way way it cleaned last November. When I checked the air box not much crap in there. This is the difference between the two, not much one if foam the other mesh with oil.
4e2f3276372966216b1bec755153b296.jpg
73aacef6e65390e8224844ca12dc7469.jpg

Is this the snow trap? Anyway I gave it a clean.
32e81d465627bb3bffecdf137692ea04.jpg

Looking at the air supply am I right is saying that their is one from the front head light and a second from the side? Why two supplies?

Also for the first time ever I read the instructions, not for road use????????
808e84437b57991eddfc49698ce14c80.jpg

Can't say I have ever read it, in my previous cars I just gave it a wash every year.

Hi Mate

This is the one I got for a tenner:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-2015...650238?hash=item3d3389703e:g:x7AAAOSwRgJXlNFt

Buy this one looks a bit better, with 7 didgit postcode:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2016-AUDI...507266?hash=item3612415c02:g:qPQAAOSwhkRWhAkc

To be honest it is a bit of a pain to enter data, but good for traffic info and a map to look at when i'm lost. Cant beat google maps on a free data plan!
Awesome cheers dude I'll grab a copy of that. Was it a mission to install? Hopefully picking up a 3.0tdi avant Monday if it isn't a complete shed. The timing chain is the only thing I'm nervous about really. Yours all good?