Dare I...................................... start a MY16 RS3 wait thread... !

M

monopole

Well I've gone and done it.

Tis a thread for all those that order a MY16 RS3 and have a now agonizing wait... but I'm sure we've all been there before :)

so who's in....?

so to start:

ordered 27/03 in Nardo Grey @ Basingstoke Audi

Spec:
Black wheels with Red brake calipers
Gloss Black styling pack
Black roof rails
Super Sport Seats with rock grey stitch
Comfort and Sound pack
Tech pack
Advanced key
Privacy glass
Dimming/Folding mirrors
Reverse parking camera

who's next..

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CHEZ and Bristle Hound
How have you placed an order already? Or have you just given them your spec?

(pre)order placed, deposit given and I have the standard order confirmation paperwork. Now I say (pre)order, because I understand, the order cannot actually be placed with Audi until their configurator is up, and that was supposed to be last week, but hopefully no later than next week. But the chap at Basingstoke Audi was happy to take the order and deposit and give me the order confirmation paperwork (as you would normally get) and complete it on their system as soon as they are live :) (and apparently I am their 4th order for the RS3)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh thought I was missing out on something here! Barged in on the 2nd of March thinking I could order....been sulking since! I put a deposit down the second it was confirmed.

Glacier white
Super Sports seats with rock grey stitching
Tech pack
High gloss pack
Privacy glass
Reverse camera
Titanium matt wheels
Comfort and Sound pack
Dynamic pack
Mono Pur
Dimming/Folding door mirrors

A long wait until end July/August!!

Reactions: CHEZ and Bristle Hound
Exclusive nimbus grey to match my other car as I'm sad like that!
Ssprts grey stitch would have gone buckets but the cnuts are holding back
Dynamic pack
Comfort pack
black pack
Privacy glass
Folding black mirrors
Red brakes
Anthracite wheels
Black rails
Probably missed a couple but that's the main stuff

I reckon mine will be MY16 as I'm waiting for the buckets which don't come out till Q4 so will definitely be next year by the time I get it! I will only regret it if I get the super sports seats then they release the buckets!

SSS are plenty fine for me, with buckets I take it you plan to take it to the track once in a while?

Order sitting with dealer, cant be placed with Audi until tomorrow. tried to do it today in the showroom but none of the options on the configurator match up and none of the "packages" on there either. Dealer will order tomorrow for me. Spec below:

Nardo grey
Gloss Black Rotors
Gloss Black Kit
Black Roof Rails
Privacy Glass
Red Calipers
Privacy Glass
Dynamic Package
Audi Stereo
Folding Mirrors in Gloss Black
Automatic Dimming rear view mirror
Super Sports Seats Black with Red stitching
SD Sat Nav
Hold Assist
High Beam Assist

£46,115 OTR
6.4% APR
48 months
8k deposit
10k miles per annnum
£21,330 final payment
£513.62 per month

Reactions: Bristle Hound and monopole
Yes £2000 something but it's a bad colour don't do it!

Disco dal how do they calculate this? I'm horrendous with numbers.. :/
If you are putting down an £8000 deposit and you pay 48 payments of £513 you will be paying at least £32000 plus the £21000 final payment. That doesn't work out to 6.4%?
I'm weighing up my options now as il probably need the cash depending on my house purchase. But at that rate I'm better off borrow more on a damn mortgage

Order sitting with dealer, cant be placed with Audi until tomorrow. tried to do it today in the showroom but none of the options on the configurator match up and none of the "packages" on there either. Dealer will order tomorrow for me. Spec below:

Nardo grey
Gloss Black Rotors
Gloss Black Kit
Black Roof Rails
Privacy Glass
Red Calipers
Privacy Glass
Dynamic Package
Audi Stereo
Folding Mirrors in Gloss Black
Automatic Dimming rear view mirror
Super Sports Seats Black with Red stitching
SD Sat Nav
Hold Assist
High Beam Assist

£46,115 OTR
6.4% APR
48 months
8k deposit
10k miles per annnum
£21,330 final payment
£513.62 per month

So is tomorrow definitely going to be open for order?!

I expect so, Bas Audi thought it was going to be before the end of last week...

Not a clue how the numbers stack up Jimbo. I am lucky that I get 500 a month car allowance so in not really fussed financially I just want the dam motor.

Dealing with Southend Audi Scotty. RS3 is on the configurator in the dealership but none of the option codes match the brochure and the packages can't be selected. Hence they didn't place the order today. They ran the pcp quote and have my spec and are phoning Audi direct to place my order tomorrow, assuming they are able to.

Great, thanks for the info :) Will give my dealer a call tomorrow and see if I can get the damn thing ordered!!

Reactions: kenny_boon
So if I understand it correctly, we have a couple of S3 being upgraded to RS3, which is understandable - excited for you guys! Any current RS3 owners going for it? Not convinced I want to/need to upgrade my 2012 RS3 for the sake of some extra horses, multi-media etc. Still the same engine and general package methinks. I might change my mind after a test drive however...

I'm upgrading from my Mrs Peugeot 207 if that helps ;-p Not had my Yown motor for 5 years as had a House and a wedding to pay for. Now that is out of the way I have a pass to get what I want.

Reactions: CHEZ and 45bvtc
So if I understand it correctly, we have a couple of S3 being upgraded to RS3, which is understandable - excited for you guys! Any current RS3 owners going for it? Not convinced I want to/need to upgrade my 2012 RS3 for the sake of some extra horses, multi-media etc. Still the same engine and general package methinks. I might change my mind after a test drive however...

Nope... I much prefer the interior of the one I have Marcus and its tweaked just the way I like it; and as it's only just gone over the 10K mileage it still looks and feels like new anyway.

Reactions: monkeyboy_marcus

I've added all my prefered options in and it makes for a 50K car.............

I think the way Audi have been messing about with the launch anybody ordering now is in for quite a wait, I'm going to see what it looks like in the flesh and get some first hand reviews/reports when new owners have had it a while.

Reactions: monkeyboy_marcus and DAYTONA 500
2015-04-07%2007.18.31.jpg

As printed in the dealership yesterday

Reactions: kenny_boon
The chassis is all new. It will no way drive like the previous RS3.

32927759fde564354d66149d8ec490dce6ad40478666636af018f65ba1b945fb.jpg

I'm only pulling at your leg :), let's hope they have improved on the current S3 handling "characteristics"

I'm non too fussed tho, I won't ever track it!

The chassis is all new. It will no way drive like the previous RS3.

So it's you! You're the super sensitive driver that can differentiate the on-road differences between an 8P chassis RS3 and an 8V one. I've driven most RS Audi's this year and the difference in outright handling at pace between and RS3 and an RS5/6/7/8 just ain't that much: if you're giving one due diligence then you ain't got time to feel the differences...

25-laps of the same track to learn the differences maybe? Is this you? I ain't met so many yet that can exploit the differences of a modern Audi sufficient to tell me "there, that's what I'm talking about!"

Had my 8P RS3 for 3.1/2 years now and it's as quick and safe on public roads as I want it to be; as are our other Audis; it's them others I worry about...

PS: if I did change my 8P RS3 it would be for an RS7; for my wife an S8; both brain numbing motor cars in both wet and dry conditions and would most likely (if I were driving) say cheerio to any RS3...

So it's you! You're the super sensitive driver that can differentiate the on-road differences between an 8P chassis RS3 and an 8V one. I've driven most RS Audi's this year and the difference in outright handling at pace between and RS3 and an RS5/6/7/8 just ain't that much:

You do realise the chassis is the what defines the riding characteristics of each car - not just the handling. Handling as you have described it is the steering feel you are getting back which is to say each has little or no feedback.

Reactions: 45bvtc
PS: if I did change my 8P RS3 it would be for an RS7; for my wife an S8; both brain numbing motor cars in both wet and dry conditions and would most likely (if I were driving) say cheerio to any RS3...

Both the RS7 and S8 have the same 4l engine and ridiculously more power and torque than the new 2.5l RS3. They are also double the price.

Your GIF, whilst original and funny, implies this nonsense of not telling a difference in car chat is interesting when it is just community outreach.

Nope - its when you do things to help the community such as picking up litter or clean graffiti off the walls of a local library.

Care in the community is focused on individuals such as looking after elderly or disabled people. At least that is my understanding.

I'm pretty sure John (45bvtc) wrote the book on automotive engineering given his background so probably could outdo anyone on this forum, although he is pushing on a bit so might qualify for care in the community soon ;)

Nope... I much prefer the interior of the one I have Marcus and its tweaked just the way I like it; and as it's only just gone over the 10K mileage it still looks and feels like new anyway.

10k miles - I'm pushing through 35k now. Just gets better and better...

Reactions: T-800 and 45bvtc
You do realise the chassis is the what defines the riding characteristics of each car - not just the handling. Handling as you have described it is the steering feel you are getting back which is to say each has little or no feedback.

I do wollyjoe (respect!) and I love 'em all but choice of tyre can be the defining factor that can destroy any chassis dynamic on road and or track; it still surprises me the differing tyre choices Audi make for their range of cars and now it's Pirelli for the 8V RS3: I wonder how long it will be before one or other 8V RS3 owner starts moaning about those and wanting to go MPSS or other and upsetting the Audi-tuned chassis dynamics: lots of the current 8P RS3 owners have already made such a change and whether it be to Goodyear's or Michelin's ALL claim an improvement.
For sure, as soon as there's an 8V RS3 at Stafford Audi then I'll be in it and if I/we think it sooo much better I/we'll have one; no pockets in shrouds...
:racer:

PS: the RS7 just won't fit the garage otherwise...
:eyebrows:

PPS: I've an 8P RS3, an 8J TT, and an 8Z A2 and they're each dynamically different and rewarding in their own right; and we love all three...

If you were to listen to some then Audi should not bother releasing anything new because clearly the model they own couldn't be any better.
And sure why bother bringing out any new cars when the model up will be faster than it...
Infact why don't we all just keep the car we own now and just invest in the best tyres because that's the only thing that will make a noticeable difference in the way a car drives... Oh yeh, because I do and you should anyway.
Audi clearly designed a good car with the 8p otherwise why would people have kept buying them for the last 11-12 years :O but it's been 12 years...damn surely they can do noticeabley better now!?
Some/ most current rs3 owners clearly love their cars.. Who wouldn't they're pretty awesome. Some have even named the cars and talk about them as if they're a family member or a pet...Sure some of these will have the hump when something new comes out and sure it's gona be hard to justify buying the new one.
I guess this is what forums are really about.... I haven't used one for years as everyone knows everything on these things....even me!! But I don't know sh@t really.

Reactions: Real Thing and 45bvtc
Spot on Jimbo. 8P RS3 is one hell of a car and the rarity factor is a major attraction, if you own an 8P then the cost of purchasing the new version would be hard to justify. Its a little easier to justify when you are driving your mrs Pug 207 :)

I had an order down for an S3 in November and when the first details of the new RS cam out I was one of the "Im rather disappointed in the styling, and I can re-map my new S3 to be quicker anyway" brigade. Then more details and images were leaked and I thought about it more. Then 2 major things hit home i) that exhaust note (omg) and ii) traffic light envy then day you pull up next to an RS3 in an S3. Ill be proud to own my new motor and will care for it like a member of the family. Ill flash my lights at other RS3's (both versions) and give a wave of mutual respect.

Received a call from the dealer today... just to say... NO configurator yet, he did sound disappointed though and assured me he's checking every day to get my order on there :)

I have a feeling the spec/configurator is going to be slightly different from the [now removed] brochure they had on the site the other week. May drop the red calipers and spec the rumoured stand alone sports exhaust and stay within my max £... come on configurator, hurry the F up :D

Reactions: Scotty2011