8YARWY

Electric Avenue
Reaction score
Interesting watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bishop187 and IRONy_MAN
Interesting watch.

God bless you such a good video as yesterday and today I ve exchanged some messages with a site sponsor regarding the acquisition of one of these boxes and he gave me the feeling that he s overconfident as they sale nice stuff comparing with another brands that they re cheap crap.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8YARWY
Not exactly independent when a remapper takes a swipe at tuning boxes, nothing different to what I’ve seen and heard for the last 15 years...

Darkside have been knocking boxes for at least the last 4.5/5 years via their written blog.

But hey it’s a video on YouTube so it’s got to be right and truthful ...

Reactions: ruairi83 and Bristle Hound
Have to say that it s very strange how the first box didn t show any difference on the dyno and yes he might be a bit subjective

Not exactly independent when a remapper takes a swipe at tuning boxes, nothing different to what I’ve seen and heard for the last 15 years...

Darkside have been knocking boxes for at least the last 4.5/5 years via their written blog.

I had a Darkside car go past me at Castle Coombe + a blast of soot just to up the embarrassment! Then found out it is a 500hp diesel ...

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

But was any of what he was saying correct/incorrect? If so many remapping companies take a swipe at the tuning boxes why not produce a video to explain why the tuning box is better or equal. Not the normal crap like you can unplug it when it goes to the dealer and it doesn’t invalidate your warranty. Give answers to the negatives, factual based. Can a tuning box be as good as a custom map from a respectable company.

The box in this test a fairly simple one that did best, TDI tuning , and I totally believe a different car a different box would produce the better result .

So this is TDI's take on remapping .

"Completely traceless" and remaps are for "track and drift car" , as we know most are for the road and improve everyday drivability as well as performance .

So why are they resorting to lies to sell tuning boxes !

Another day , another dyno , TDI tuning .

There's some wild claims out there , on my other car one box manufacturer claims a 120 Nm gain whereas most Stage 1 is 50 Nm , not possible when keeping a dpf !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper and IRONy_MAN
Irony is Darkside are rubbish at mapping (ask how I know) second to none on parts and labour but charts don't lie:

MVIMG_20180519_075000.jpg

MVIMG_20180519_125717_2.jpg

Reactions: mister.c.
That is true , I'm sure by now they've learned some lessons .

Alot of cars need 50 miles or so post map to relearn some values to smooth out any peaks .

Best to post a remap dyno result after some road .

The result they attained in the video wasn't peaky , but for a concrete result , Bobby or Rick .

That is true , I'm sure by now they've learned some lessons .

Feel free to be a guinea pig, bit optimistic coming from someone who's been posting and slating their work, guess this is just more online flattery with no experience.

Best to post a remap dyno result after some road .
Like the second dyno result...

Things change old boy , you can't have a closed mind over things that progress .

Seen it a million times with various products that have development .

Tuning boxes cannot progress unless they go fully piggyback ECU .

Clearly in their current state the torque limiters in the ECU software are not letting the boxes totally fool them by letting them have the power .

That's the crack , they can't circumvent these limiters whereas a remap can relax them .

Even then with remapping an automatic could restrict with it's torque limiters calling for some gearbox TCU remapping.

I had the JFA box on my RS4, turned the car absolutely mental so it seems some of the boxes do work ok.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

I think it's an individual basis of car , some having more relaxed engine limits allowing a box to be effective and some not .

I had a tuning box on my 2.0tdi A4 B7.
Supposed to take it from 140 to 170. It felt ok.
After deleting my EGR valve I needed the EML switching off so I went for a remap to give similar gains. The guy asked if I had a tuning box on as my valance was sooty and I was puffing out black smoke. Apparently all they do is overfuel the engine to make gains.
After the proper re-map in all areas of the torque curve it felt totally different and is better on fuel.
A tuning box is ok if you want to remove it and leave no trace, on a company car etc.

Reactions: Ricky Burrows and IRONy_MAN
I had a tuning box on my 2.0tdi A4 B7.
Supposed to take it from 140 to 170. It felt ok.
After deleting my EGR valve I needed the EML switching off so I went for a remap to give similar gains. The guy asked if I had a tuning box on as my valance was sooty and I was puffing out black smoke. Apparently all they do is overfuel the engine to make gains.
After the proper re-map in all areas of the torque curve it felt totally different and is better on fuel.
A tuning box is ok if you want to remove it and leave no trace, on a company car etc.
That's boxes in a nut shell tbh, custom map is the only way to get the most out of your money and doing it safely.

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper
Nearly a year on and RaceChip who quoted a 120 Nm improvement on my Stuttgart got taken to court in Stuttgart for their wild claims in 2019 .

Either the second half of 2020 or this year that figure has now become
Screenshot 20210506 083707 Chrome