Dash Cam - Parking Mode

Gazjs

Reaction score
I realise many people are using third party battery's to power there cameras, but for those not:
  • Are you running 1 channel or 2?
  • What model of camera?
  • What model of Audi?
  • How long does recording appear to last before the battery cuts out?
Thanks in advance!

Do you mean for those that are running with a battery management system, like the PowerMagicPro (PMP)?

Sorry, no, just directly from the car battery.

You don't want to be doing that....!

You won't be able to start the car!

My PMP is set to switch off when the battery gets to 11.8v and because I only drive once or twice a week I often find the coming home lights don't come on, the MMI takes a while longer to boot and I rarely able to use the stop/start unless I drive it more frequently.

If you drive everyday, that will easily be enough to last through the night, but it will depend on the weather and how often you drive.

I was reading that you can introduce a cut off voltage on some cameras. This has not to be trusted then?

Looks like I may need battery management

I was reading that you can introduce a cut off voltage on some cameras. This has not to be trusted then?

Looks like I may need battery management

Oh OK, yea possibly that's a feature on some cameras. No idea how good they are. It's not an option on the BlackVue cameras.

I'm running the 650-2ch in my S5 with a PMP.

I was looking at the BlackVue and noticed they didn't have this feature. Being such a reliable brand, I wonder if they don't have it because it doesn't work very well.

Seems a popular camera on this forum though.

I have been looking at the Thinkware F770, I believe you can select voltage shut down in increments of 0.1v. Of course though you could then return to the car, notice a scratch and realise the camera powered down already, so there is even the positive of power management with the cut off feature on some cameras

I was looking at the BlackVue and noticed they didn't have this feature. Being such a reliable brand, I wonder if they don't have it because it doesn't work very well.

Seems a popular camera on this forum though.

I have been looking at the Thinkware F770, I believe you can select voltage shut down in increments of 0.1v. Of course though you could then return to the car, notice a scratch and realise the camera powered down already, so there is even the positive of power management with the cut off feature on some cameras

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1208300

Came across this post that might be of interest to you

Reactions: Gazjs