RSQ3 Dash notice,low battery,drive to charge?

toosmiles

Reaction score
Guys,the rsq3 has sat for a week and this message popped up,car started fine,only did 10 miles yesterday but with heated seats on,lights etc,heaters,think the batterys not getting enough charge back into it from short journeys?
Had a code through vagcom and measured the blocks for the battery,called dealer and they said I'm not using it enough to put power back into the smart battery charge,ill add pics and see if there's any advice,pics too big atm so will add shortly

Attachments

• 20201203_183213.jpg
    20201203_183213.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 239
  • 20201203_183231.jpg
    20201203_183231.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 216
  • 20201203_183443.jpg
    20201203_183443.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 196
My RSQ3 failed the approved inspection on the battery and all they did was charge it overnight....its been fine for the last 2 months.
It is the time of year I'm afraid where batteries do have the largest load and fail when they aren't allowed to charge when your not doing the mileage, maybe invest in a trickle charger?

The battery Age state would suggest that about 40% of the life of the battery has expired, so you have a circa 60% of capacity at full charge. The clock is ticking so you can wait until it totally fails (which is always at the most inconvenient time according to sods-law) or have a pre-emptive strike at the problem?

The battery Age state would suggest that about 40% of the life of the battery has expired, so you have a circa 60% of capacity at full charge. The clock is ticking so you can wait until it totally fails (which is always at the most inconvenient time according to sods-law) or have a pre-emptive strike at the problem?
thats probably the way to go,new battery before the bad weather comes,glad you explained the vcds screen,60% is barely starting the car a few times haha,cheers

well after an hour on tickover yesterday came to the car this morning and plugged my usb phone charger in as it reads the voltage,11,6v,now the car started no problem and once running a consistant 14.1v going back in,driven it for around 40 mins and tickover waiting for the misses in the shops for 20 mins,parked up for lunch for half hour or so and checked voltage again 11.7v :( its duff or am i not giving it chance to charge properly?

Voltage is only one part of the equation - it's the ability of the battery to overcome resistance, amps are needed to crank the starter motor. It's 'buy a battery' time. The VCDS readings are telling you that the battery is at the latter end of it's life.

Reactions: toosmiles
Voltage is only one part of the equation - it's the ability of the battery to overcome resistance, amps are needed to crank the starter motor. It's 'buy a battery' time. The VCDS readings are telling you that the battery is at the latter end of it's life.
thanks buddy,will call around monday and get it sorted

Update guys
bit the bullet and bought a new battery,fitted and coded myself and looking healthy across the board on vcds,actually left it 2 weeks and went to it yesterday and started no probs or warning on the dash of battery low

Reactions: RAF_S7
I keep my S7 on a trickle charge using a CTEK charger. There are electronics (and security) that draw current even when not being driven....

2016 car, 64k miles and battery is fine so far :racer:

Presume your car lives in a garage to be able to do that? Not sure I would fancy leaving mine on charge in the open air...

Presume your car lives in a garage to be able to do that? Not sure I would fancy leaving mine on charge in the open air...

Well the CTEK unit is small enough to either live in the engine compartment, or in the boot (where the battery is) and use a trailing extension lead plugged in to the mains. That’s how mine is connected in the garage.

A driveway would be ok as well, but I agree, if your street parking this is not going to be an acceptable solution :racer:

Reactions: isleaiw