Dash Rattle - Any successful fixes?

b1nuzz

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get the dealer to fix the dash rattle?
Mine has been getting progressively worse over the last 4,000 miles and it’s now annoying me. I have it booked in on the 19th, but don’t hold out much hope for anything changing.

Would be interested to see if anyone has given it a go.

Expanding foam works a treat .

34.jpg

Reactions: ascr, Alistair D and Bryant1998
Had mine in for the rattle. The tech came out in the car with me and found 2 rattles-one from the windscreen vents and one from the drivers binnacle. The put tape in and it’s all good. Got it back the same day. He told me he would take out both windscreen vent panels as if he only did one he was almost sure there would be another rattle in a few months from the other.
He did say that they had see a few with rattles on the dash in front of passenger but the newer ones weren’t so bad.

Mine went to the dealership in July for the dash constantly rattling and creaking. They advised that they would replace the whole front vent assembly which has since solved it.
Now I have a new rattle when its cold out which is definitely coming from the silver bezel trim around the MMI. Sticking my finger on this until the car warms up "fixes" it....

I'll probably be going back in soon....

Mine will be going in this weekend for various problems (see separate thread) including the lovely rattle! Will post back the results!