Dash Warning Light on - with ignition off.

trust me i have had this issue since 2012 it does not affect your car .mine is perfect ,Audi Bexely checked it out and found no issues.You will be spending loads of money for nothing

A late to the party, but mine has just today started to do this, and the steering is definately not feeling as tight as it was. Did anyone ever feel a difference when theirs was displaying the light?

thanks

In the dark, so you can see its not light bleed through

Attachments

• IMG_1486.jpeg
    IMG_1486.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 93
Its a long time since I had a 8P model but this will not give you any issues (light flashing when parked up).I had this issue all the time I owned the car Audi checked it and found no issues on VCDS.

Reactions: 964kevin
Its a long time since I had a 8P model but this will not give you any issues (light flashing when parked up).I had this issue all the time I owned the car Audi checked it and found no issues on VCDS.
Thank you, bit disconcerting for me, as its been very reliable in the last 9 years i've owned it.

But if it causes no further issues, i'll get it repaired and then move on from the issue

edited for poor spelling

It's the cluster, common one on some facelifts & cluster works fine, you can swap out which isn't cheap or live with.

So just to close this off, took the car into Audi to investigate:-

• They check for any engine codes there were none.
  • I was notified that dash LEDs have some residual light which can sometimes show faintly. (like mine)
  • They compared my dash with other similar models of the same age RS3, S3 etc they are the same - so classed as "no fault found".
Given that the faint light is very different from the Yellow Warning light which is obvious when it's on, I had no problem with the explanation. However I was a little worried that it might be a common fault or a undocumented feature of the dash lights. Either way I've reported the problem within warranty so they have a formal record of it going forward.

That being said, I think they must have tweaked something because when I got back in the car the problem was solved. So maybe they turned down the light just enough not to show anymore???

Anyone else have this issue please post and image I would be curious to see how common it really is.

I have exactly the same!!! See my post from TODAY:

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/electro-mechanical-power-assist-fault.412092/#post-3536791