Dashboard contour ambient light retrofit

Waq1

You may have noticed some Frankenstein spec cars on AT have the contour ambient light across the dashboard.

Unfortunately cars specc’d with the ambient light pack after these only come with the contour ambient light over the switch panel and 4 doors. With surface lights in the centre storage and the 4 doors. Illuminated door sills and RS logo projections under the front doors. They do not have the contour ambient light across the dashboard which runs from the passenger door to the steering wheel on the carbon/aluminium looking trim.

Anybody able to source a part number and price for the dashboard contour light? With an image of the actual part so we can calculate a difficulty rating in fitting it? This would be much appreciated.

I’m hoping it’s just the trim of the dash to be replaced rather than the whole dash and there’s already a space for it’s socket so it’s just plug and play.

(Thank you in advanced!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike.46

I think this was discussed a while back and where the ‘std’ car has the light strip across the dash the Carbon and Vorsprung models have a carbon dash panel without the light installed

HulkRS3

Kyalami RS3 Saloon
You may have noticed some Frankenstein spec cars on AT have the contour ambient light across the dashboard.

Unfortunately cars specc’d with the ambient light pack after these only come with the contour ambient light over the switch panel and 4 doors. With surface lights in the centre storage and the 4 doors. Illuminated door sills and RS logo projections under the front doors. They do not have the contour ambient light across the dashboard which runs from the passenger door to the steering wheel on the carbon/aluminium looking trim.

Anybody able to source a part number and price for the dashboard contour light? With an image of the actual part so we can calculate a difficulty rating in fitting it? This would be much appreciated.

I’m hoping it’s just the trim of the dash to be replaced rather than the whole dash and there’s already a space for it’s socket so it’s just plug and play.

(Thank you in advanced!)

It's the cars with the carbon effect dash trim that don't have the contour lighting. This was a big disappointment for me too as I had the S3 8Y and I loved that strip across the dash.

Waq1

Ahh fair enough :/

Thanks for clearing it up chaps

Mastachaz

(Thank you in advanced!)

It should be not hard but only if there loom for and wont need coding , parts wont be expensive and you will lose carbon dash , but personaly i think ambient its much batter

I will be fitting soon red vents to s3 as parts are same that should give some idea about rs3

Detail Devil

It should be not hard but only if there loom for and wont need coding , parts wont be expensive and you will lose carbon dash , but personaly i think ambient its much batter

I will be fitting soon red vents to s3 as parts are same that should give some idea about rs3

Get them vents fitted!!!!!