Dashcam - ability to use the front/rear and/or 360 camera pack?

Headzup

Reaction score
Have been wondering for a while if there’s any way to use the built in camera’s as a ‘dashcam’??
Having the front and rear (and side) camera’s and given the car has a built in Hard Drive... it must be possible somehow.
Also with the built in SIM and the MMI Connect app, you could/should be able to view and get alerts sent through also.
I wonder if there are any plans by Audi to introduce this as a feature in the future??

I know that Audi have the UTR (Universal Traffic Recorder) i.e front and rear dashcam as a product, but seems pointless for those who have cameras etc.. as noted above.

In the past week a couple of friends (non Audi!!) have had incidents with their car whilst it was parked up and unoccupied.
One has a dashcam and got pics sent to his mobile of someone sitting on the bonnet for a picture; the other has no camera and some keyed his car :(

So thinking of options...

Have been wondering for a while if there’s any way to use the built in camera’s as a ‘dashcam’??
Having the front and rear (and side) camera’s and given the car has a built in Hard Drive... it must be possible somehow.
Also with the built in SIM and the MMI Connect app, you could/should be able to view and get alerts sent through also.
I wonder if there are any plans by Audi to introduce this as a feature in the future??

I know that Audi have the UTR (Universal Traffic Recorder) i.e front and rear dashcam as a product, but seems pointless for those who have cameras etc.. as noted above.

In the past week a couple of friends (non Audi!!) have had incidents with their car whilst it was parked up and unoccupied.
One has a dashcam and got pics sent to his mobile of someone sitting on the bonnet for a picture; the other has no camera and some keyed his car :(

So thinking of options...

I feel their pain... My car was keyed so would’ve loved to have had the onboard camera working as a dash cam!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk