Dashcam Fitting / Fitters

SuperKid

Reaction score
Hi all,

Are there any dashcam fitters in the Birmingham area that someone can recommend?

or..

has anyone fitted a 2 ch (front and rear) dashcam, hardwired in an Audi S3? How easy is it to route the wiring behind the trim and any instructions on how to wire it into the fuse box / where it is located?

Thanks!

Hi all,

Are there any dashcam fitters in the Birmingham area that someone can recommend?

or..

has anyone fitted a 2 ch (front and rear) dashcam, hardwired in an Audi S3? How easy is it to route the wiring behind the trim and any instructions on how to wire it into the fuse box / where it is located?

Thanks!

I recently installed front and back thinkware f770. Really easy, fiddly if anything. Took me ages, best part of 4hrs!! But I did take my time to make sure it was all fine. Loads of YouTube videos that I followed, they are all basically the same. Defo get the plastic trim removers beforehand as of not you will scratch the trim. Hardest part is the rear and getting it through the plastic housing at the boot, but again it’s fiddly and very straight forward. You will be fine.

If you don't mind a commute DJAlix on here fits dashcams and recommends the F770.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan, Schizophonic and Ormesome
Hi all,

or..

Thanks!

This is a straightforward and easy task to do assuming you have some DIY skills. Routing the wire is a doddle, the only place you might get stuck if you haven’t done something like this before, twill be feeding the wire through the rubber grommets in the boot, but again nothing too difficult. The rest is just tucked in behind the roof lining.

With regards to the fuse box, it is located in your glove box. If you open the glovebox you will see a cover that you can remove, which will expose the fuse box.

I would recommend you take it through the grommets for both waterproofing purposes, and also to ensure no stress is place on the wire when you open and close the boot. You will also need to remove the boot panel if you down this route.

Have a look at the thread below to see what’s involved.

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/images-of-how-i-installed-a-blackvue-dr650gw-2ch.248726/

Reactions: SuperKid
This is a straightforward and easy task to do assuming you have some DIY skills. Routing the wire is a doddle, the only place you might get stuck if you haven’t done something like this before, twill be feeding the wire through the rubber grommets in the boot, but again nothing too difficult. The rest is just tucked in behind the roof lining.

With regards to the fuse box, it is located in your glove box. If you open the glovebox you will see a cover that you can remove, which will expose the fuse box.

I would recommend you take it through the grommets for both waterproofing purposes, and also to ensure no stress is place on the wire when you open and close the boot. You will also need to remove the boot panel if you down this route.

Have a look at the thread below to see what’s involved.

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/images-of-how-i-installed-a-blackvue-dr650gw-2ch.248726/

Do you know if these fuse taps are right for the S3?

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DH4YTBR

That also comes with 10A fuse, what is optimal for the Blackvue camera?

Last edited: