Data Bus Gateway / Steering Control Module

Pops848

Reaction score
Hey All,

Just a quick question, as I'm a little confused. Tried coding my car earlier and it wasn't accepting the code (for MFSW).

I've got a 2006 A3 with DSG and paddles, so thought this meant that the highline module was fitted, however it was coming up with part number 1k0 907 530 G which afaik was Golf part numbers? I know Audis and Golfs share nearly all their parts bar the badges but was confused when I saw this. Anyone able to shed some light on the matter as I'm unsure if the term Data bus gateway and steering wheel control module are all part of the same thing?

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited:
Apparently it was my steering wheel control module! Although I've been looking for last few hours and it's nothing to do with it I don't think, it's what was in VCDS when trying to code in the MFSW. It was a friend using the program, I wasn't paying too much attention as was changing my alarm siren at the time.. PITA that job is!!
However, the code as rejected by the car, so guess I must need the F version of the control module. I was under the impression DSG with flappy paddle cars had highline module as standard?

Have you got a genuine VCDS ?

Your car should have 8P0 953 549 F as the steering control module !

That part number you quoted is irrelevant !

Have you got a genuine VCDS ?

Your car should have 8P0 953 549 F as the steering control module !

That part number you quoted is irrelevant !

It's not my VCDS but yes it was genuine. The part number quoted was what I was told my steering control module was - although after searching a bit a can tell it's not but wanted to throw the question out there.

Want to stress that I'm not an idiot and have used the search function on here and on google, it seems to be slightly conflicting that the DSG cars come with highline module, granted its 80% side that it does.

Would there be any reason why the car rejected the coding? I know there is a lack of information here as in what byte was being coded etc but has anyone ever attempted to code a car that rejects even when it should not? My car has had trouble connecting to other fault scanning / management software before. Any reason why this would happen or should it connect all the time?

It might be a problem with the canbus module.

Post a full scan and we will be able to advise.

Will do, got something else to investigate first, an occasional rattle at idle, I'm thinking heatshield as it sounds it's coming from behind the engine, and I've a puff of smoke coming out the oil cap when released, so going to have it tested for head gasket. Then two front tyres and MOT, not to mention insurance due Tuesday and Tax was paid last month... The costs are forever on going haha! Why do we choose to run expensive cars! :wacko: