Data issues

craigomills

Reaction score
Anyone else having data issues with the MMI? No online radio working and it just says 2g for the signal. I can't see where to reboot the data module in the settings...

Also myAudi connection via my mobile phone to see if the car is locked etc is not working since yesterday.

Not had any issues with this previously...

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
bb07eb8637ffaa93bf3c3b55716e6cee.jpg
aeca6be1dbf34fb6ad099691d098288a.jpg

Last edited:
Might be worth clearing the MyAudi app cache, data, uninstall/reinstall?
I find that sometimes my phone connects using the hands free Bluetooth profile, instead of carphone. If that happens, you will not be able to use online radio.

Reactions: Sean Byrne
If you only have a 2G connection then there will be little data being transfwerred from car to server. It is most likely a local issue, I think Cubic Teecom, who provide the connection, primarily use EE in the UK as their network provider. If EE is doing some work on the masts nearest to you then you will have issues

If you only have a 2G connection then there will be little data being transfwerred from car to server. It is most likely a local issue, I think Cubic Teecom, who provide the connection, primarily use EE in the UK as their network provider. If EE is doing some work on the masts nearest to you then you will have issues
The problem is that the last time my car was 'connected' it was nearly 50 miles away from where I live, the audi app (which I reinstalled) still shows my car miles away up in the Peak District!
06c067f4834f85a0466b58d8679f0c00.jpg

Can you use wi-fi hotspot on your cellphone for your car to connect quicker net & see if it updates the app data.

Unless it changed with the switch to the MIB-3 platform (and the OP has a 2020 car so could be either MIB-2 or MIB-3) you can only hotspot a device to the car's wifi, which requires a data plan either purchased from Audi or from using a seperate SIM In the car. You cannot connect the car to a wifi network so what you suggest won't work (unless as I say Audi changed this in the swotch to the new platform and the OP's car has the new platform)

Spoke to Audi digital services, did a factory reset on the MMI and now am unable to log in with my Audi username and password. I am able to log in via my PC so know my username and password are okay.

It's been passed to the technical team to review.

4f6500da52048dde1aed79a1f618d26b.jpg

I'm 15 mins north of Derby and I've been downloading maps for days. Drove over to Notts yesterday and maps downloaded no problem.

I'm 15 mins north of Derby and I've been downloading maps for days. Drove over to Notts yesterday and maps downloaded no problem.
Hmm, I try and avoid Nottingham . I have a trip up to Manchester this week so will see if it changes although I suspect it won't. I'm pestering Audi customer services and Audi digital but not really getting anywhere.

I was chuffed to bits with this car, but now I'm just getting fed up with the niggles and issues I have had in the last 4 months. It really isn't good enough for a £60k car is it?

Finally got this reolved through Audi Digital. it took me quite a few phonecalls and ****** emails but yesterday I had an email saying I was removed as the key user and to basically try logging in again. This coincided with the LTE signal coming back on instead of the 3g. The only thing that hasnt come back as yet is the onine radio stations. Google maps and online traffic etc are all back and working. For now.

On another note, does anyone know how to get the twitter app working?

Finally got this reolved through Audi Digital. it took me quite a few phonecalls and ****** emails but yesterday I had an email saying I was removed as the key user and to basically try logging in again. This coincided with the LTE signal coming back on instead of the 3g. The only thing that hasnt come back as yet is the onine radio stations. Google maps and online traffic etc are all back and working. For now.

On another note, does anyone know how to get the twitter app working?
In MyAudi app, go to the third page (where the settings are) and go to "Vehicle Connection". At the bottom there will be the button to press to open a screen to enter your Twitter credentials.

In MyAudi app, go to the third page (where the settings are) and go to "Vehicle Connection". At the bottom there will be the button to press to open a screen to enter your Twitter credentials.
Yeh, I have been trying that but it doesn't seem to work in the app as it won't let me enter my log in details... It used to work fine in my B9 A4 previously. I have reinstalled the app a few times as well but it makes no difference.
49f711203fa2962ef6b522101a8eecb6.jpg
feef3647343fd96209367f2d81671121.jpg

Yeh, I have been trying that but it doesn't seem to work in the app as it won't let me enter my log in details... It used to work fine in my B9 A4 previously. I have reinstalled the app a few times as well but it makes no difference.
49f711203fa2962ef6b522101a8eecb6.jpg
feef3647343fd96209367f2d81671121.jpg