Day off work.....clean the car why not....

JGrant1285

Sir Scouser Benitez
Reaction score
Website
www.allhiphop.com
Ok, well i had a day off work, so i thought why not clean the car. Also I ordered some products yesterday from cleanyourcar.co.uk & they arrived at about 10 this morning, super quick delivery!!

Right, heres a pic before the wash:
dirty.jpg

Got to work on the interior, which is TOP PRIORITY as always...then gave it a was with Meguiars gold class.

Got it in the garage once it was washed, then dried off. Went over with Moose wax that i just recieved, RainX'd the windows....an used Poorboys alloy wheel protector...see below:
23032007015.jpg

all in all it was hard work, but i never regret spending the whole day on my car...see the finished piccies below:

What dya think?

23032007012.jpg

23032007010.jpg

23032007009.jpg

23032007008.jpg

23032007007.jpg

23032007013.jpg

23032007014.jpg

Overall quite impressed with the moose, goes on easy, and does quite a good job!

Oh and one more thing...next thing for me is to paint the calipers,i'm finkin of red, what are your opinons?

Thanks for looking

id get the cap to cover that hole O/S/F bumper

That looks really well fella. Although I'd have to agree with RasA4 about the towing blank.

I got jiggy with the Zymol this aft. Didn't get any pics though, typical ****** Lancashire weather put paid to that. Have to say it's the wierdest experience putting the wax on without a cloth - bit like a full body massage!!

Great pics and finish, like yourself spent the day giving mine a once over, or shall I say twice over - two coats of chemical guys 50/50wax on a pearl black a4 s-line. Didnt take any pics as left camera in office but if weathers good tmrw will take some pics and get them posted.

yeah the towing eye cover is a pain in the ***, some bastid half-inched it from where i park it outside work!!! I should be able to get one and just get it sprayed wont it, i wont need to get the whole bumper sprayed either will i?

I really enjoyed doin it too, it feels like good-use of a day....ANd i got lucky cause the next few days after were decent weather unusually.

Thanks for the replies!!

Looks mint!

red calipers will look great behind the RS6 wheels....

^^^ Exactly what i'm planning on doing. What would you recommend for doing this?

I got some caliper paint from halfrauds for my corsa i'm selling , but its a pastel red, wouldn't look good on the A4. I'm looking for like a brembo colour red. I've used hamerite previously, but is this the bes thing to do? its a pain in the *** when your'e trying to take it off to re-do them.

What have you used on yours?

Any advice appreciated.

looks very nice and clean!!...good job!...i mean very very good job JGRANT!!....shall i bring mine round now? :p

^^ Only if i can lend it for a week after i have done it lol

Is it just me that does this, or say for example, if your ever going anywhere (doesnt matter where it is) and you're driving,ya see, i always want to fill my tank up (brim the fecker) and then give it a full-valet. Theres no better feeling that giving the car a good check-over and a good cleaning, having a shower yourself, then jumping back into a lovely, good-smelling, spotless (and full of fuel) car, with a freshley downloaded album.........

Or am i just strange?????

HaHa!!

your not strange dude thats my Friday after work ritual.
Fiil up the tank with Super ,wash and cruise must have my fix.

You are not alone........

lol..u guys are strange...altho i have to admit washing the car can be quite therapeutic sometimes...its nice when comes up all nice and shiny!!

JGRANT - you can have it for the week if i can look after yours in the meantime!!

wash going to wash and polish mine today but got a new dress on and dont want to get it dirty!! :sm4:

Yip, it's not sad it's just that we want it to look great. It doesn't matter what anybody says to the contrary, when a flash of light dashes across someone's face they will look to see what the hell that was. My car aims to be that flash of light.

However, I do regularly wish I had a garage not to avoid nosies :nyah: but to get some work done when it might be raining!

We've spent a fair bit of money on buying the car and it deserves to be protected, oh and to look quite good too.

It gets us out often - it's the slaggers that should be getting out more often rather than watching the neighbour cleaning his clean car.

You know my motto:

NEVER MIND THE NEIGHBOURS.:nyah: :nyah: :nyah: :nyah: :nyah: :nyah: :nyah: :nyah: :nyah: :nyah: :nyah: :nyah: :nyah: :nyah: :nyah: :nyah: :nyah: