Daytona grey with black styling pack - Photos required

12ORY

Reaction score
Hi, I've just bought a new A3 sportsback in Daytona grey with black styling pack. Wondering if I've made a mistake and chrome trim would be better.

Does anyone have any photos of a grey A3 with the black styling pack?

There are some pictures of the S3 in Daytona with the Black Trim HERE Link is from a french forum if you scroll down

Hmmm, bit too 'mudered out' in black and grey for me. I debated this myself but I'm glad I stuck to chrome & DG.

If this works, my Daytona Grey S3 with black styling pack should appear below. Note that I also went for body colour door mirror caps. Subjective, I know, but think the combination works well, and is better than the chrome.

Reactions: FishyFinger and Tom_L
Personally I really don't think Daytona works with the black styling pack.

Reactions: mjcourtney and MA3RC
I contemplated going with the black styling but after seeing a SB in Daytona grey with the black styling then seeing the chrome I went with the later. I felt the chrome gave a lot more detail to the SB which I preferred. I do like M1ke's S3 in DG with Black, gives it a much meaner look.

Thank you, but, as I said above, and to Vertigo1's point above, it's all very subjective.

The world would be a very boring place if we were all the same with the same likes and dislikes.... :)

Last edited:
I like M1ke's SB, with the black trim and body coloured mirrors looks good.

I debated whether to go for the black styling on my daytona grey S3 SB too. I have ended up with a potentially controversial decision! Went with chrome trim and black roof rails. It remains to be seen how this looks on the flesh. I will know in September/October.

If this works, my Daytona Grey S3 with black styling pack should appear below. Note that I also went for body colour door mirror caps. Subjective, I know, but think the combination works well, and is better than the chrome.

Lovely.
Really like the combo:thumbsup:

Really dont like chrome on cars so i went for black styling pack, saved me having to do it myself. Personally i think it looks better.

hi guys,
sorry for bringing up an old thread but i have ordered my s3 and added the fold mirrors and it says the mirrors housing comes painted in the body colour. so does that mean it will come without chrome caps? the dealer sales guy said they all come with chrome but now im not sure sure hes correct? i want chrome you see

thanks

As elpaulio, the S3 will have chrome caps.

Mine, in post #4 above, should have had chrome caps. The spec changed between my ordering and Audi confirming, but Audi honoured my spec 'by special request' (although the dealer did say they would get them sprayed up for me if they came in chromed!).

perfect thank you both for the replies. m1ke h was it easy to remove the s3 front grill badge?

thanks guys

Think the black pack looks great with the 10 spoke wheels. However, anyone who has read my views knows what a fan I am of those wheels, but from the picture above, it does look good.