DAZA or DNWA 18 plate

savo

Reaction score
Is there a way I can find out what engine spec is in a car. Or does someone know when they started producing the DNWA engine. I’m interested in a 18 plate but want to make sure it’s got the DAZA engine in it.

Is there a way I can find out what engine spec is in a car. Or does someone know when they started producing the DNWA engine. I’m interested in a 18 plate but want to make sure it’s got the DAZA engine in it.

Production was halted in the latter half of 2018 while the WLTP was implemented.
So I’d say any 17,18 car is Daza and any 19,20 car is DNWA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: savo
Production was halted in the latter half of 2018 while the WLTP was implemented.
So I’d say any 17,18 car is Daza and any 19,20 car is DNWA.

Thanks mate

Reactions: 8YARWY
Yes m8e, you got my number, just phone me with the reg or VIN :)

Engine type is on a sticky between the hinges in the door jam drivers side. Noticed it on mine when I was finally washing it yesterday - mine's a 2019.

And on the bottom of the engine
827052a5b1ec5aebd8d97e331e7a693e.jpg

Looking at the Parts database the DNWA parts change was from 9/7/2018
So I’d say any 18 plate would be a Daza
The ones you’d need to watch are the 68 plates.
Visually under the bonnet the connection from the DV pipe to inlet housing is different.
24c9ed6d256af47d699784970a7cbae4.jpg

050a22f035e0a912280ba627b6008db8.jpg

The above only applies to the american market, the uk market still has the same dv setup as the pre opf cars

The above only applies to the american market, the uk market still has the same dv setup as the pre opf cars
Seems to be a change on the American Daza engine only then.

There's been a big debate on AZ on what this change is for on USA engines.