Dbilas Air Intake

nicks3

Reaction score
Anyone used one of these or got any thoughts? I want a better air intake but dont want an open filter system. Plan the GIAC remap too and Steve at Stattler recommended the Dbilas.

This would be my choice next time around, absolutely nothing wrong with Evoms but the Dbillas is quieter but offers very similar gains.

The only concern i had was the use of a smaller filter (about half the size of the standard one) and the fact that it is an oiled K@N. Presumably I just clean the maf with Isopropyl alcohol every once in a while to kepe it clean? What sort of gain do these things give on a mapped car?

They still perform as intended and I've not heard of any issues to date, the other option is a Forge or if you do a search on here WarrenCox has had one recently developed by ITG, this is enclosed so again quieter.

A decent intake allows you to go for stronger software if coupled with a HPFP and larger Down pipe, both GIAC and Revo offer variants for this and you will be looking at 340+ bhp.

If I go for the larger downpipe (is that Milltek) is the car still close to original exhaust loudness as i dont want a loud car?

I'm sure there are past threads on it mate, try a search.

Go for a resonated rear section and the car will be slightly louder but certainly won't drone, I've tried both options and my prefernce for longer journeys is resonated as very OEM, for track use non-res all the way.
You could do as others have on here and mate the Milltek down pipe to your existing rear section, well worth a try.

You could do as others have on here and mate the Milltek down pipe to your existing rear section, well worth a try.

I can recommend this option - makes a big difference for half the cost of the full system ;)

If I go for the larger downpipe (is that Milltek) is the car still close to original exhaust loudness as i dont want a loud car?

I've got the resonated Miltek on mine....at normal speeds and cruising along,it's as quiet as the OEM item,but under heavy load,and especially with the boost turned up,it will be a fair bit louder.

I can recommend this option - makes a big difference for half the cost of the full system ;)

Hey Jamie have you gone for resonated? im considering this set up but with REVO, can you also add a silencer to it ? or would this make it too quiet?

Hey Jamie have you gone for resonated? im considering this set up but with REVO, can you also add a silencer to it ? or would this make it too quiet?

The downpipe and cat section of both systems is the same,but the cat-back portion,consisting of the centre section and rear silencers differ by one having a resonated section to decrease noise.

You can't add an extra silencer as such,but you could replace the rear section if it was too noisy.

Even the resonated version couldn't be accused of being too quiet!

The downpipe and cat section of both systems is the same,but the cat-back portion,consisting of the centre section and rear silencers differ by one having a resonated section to decrease noise.

You can't add an extra silencer as such,but you could replace the rear section if it was too noisy.

Even the resonated version couldn't be accused of being too quiet!

Yeah, i guess im after the stock exhaust sound whilst driving around town etc, and a bit more of a roar than stock when planting it, im on the motorway everyday and do lots of driving so trying to avoid any droning etc...

Im gonna speak to Steve at Stattler in Sheffield as he can supply and fit them, will also ask him about air intake options such as Dbilas, Evoms etc.

The way mine is set up is:
Milltek 3" down pipe with sports CAT
Custom 3" centre section straight through
OEM back box

So, I believe I get the best of both worlds. The valve on the OEM back box works as normal, so round town, and light driving, it's pretty much OEM. Under load, it's quite a bit louder, but in my opinion, that's a good thing as the 2.0TFSI needs all the help it can get to sound better :D

If you wanted you could get the resonated centre pipe, that would keep it quieter still, but trust me, on the OEM system it is the downpipe that is the bottle neck in the whole system, sort that out and you will feel the difference.

Mines run like this for over 10k miles now... no issues, just more power & more torque, especially between 2500rpm to 5500rpm ;)

Yeah, i guess im after the stock exhaust sound whilst driving around town etc, and a bit more of a roar than stock when planting it, im on the motorway everyday and do lots of driving so trying to avoid any droning etc...

Im gonna speak to Steve at Stattler in Sheffield as he can supply and fit them, will also ask him about air intake options such as Dbilas, Evoms etc.

Sounds like a good idea.....The resonated system will certainly roar if you've had the car remapped and is pretty quiet under cruise or light load.

Mine doesn't drone,and I don't think anyone else has complained of that either,but changing to a CAI will make a fair bit of noise under acceleration as well.

Thanks guys

Is there any other weak spots on the 09 facelift that i need to know about? how will the fuel pump hold out on REVO stage 1?

Also, a bit off topic but does the steering feel any different to the older models (07)? i read on the audi website that it has got servosteer or something, would be nice to have a bit more feel

Thanks guys

Is there any other weak spots on the 09 facelift that i need to know about? how will the fuel pump hold out on REVO stage 1?

Also, a bit off topic but does the steering feel any different to the older models (07)? i read on the audi website that it has got servosteer or something, would be nice to have a bit more feel

You'll need the HPFP for Stage2+ and above.

Hey

Has anyone had problems getting on the forum? havent been able to get on for days, anyway regarding the Dbilas air intake, will the S3 engine cover be able to fit back on? actually is there any intakes that allow for this? its not a big deal but would be nice the put the original back on

cheers