De-cat

CMD

Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Are there any member's running there 1.8Ts without the catalytic converter. I now it will show up on the MOT but I'm thinking removing my 200 cell sports cat for a straight through pipe .​

i wouldnt bother colin atleast know you fly through the MOT with no worries i doubt you will feel hardly any gain if any id keep your 200cel all day long

The car l has past 3 MOTs with the 200 cell SC but I've been reading about decats on another forum and they claim there are gains to be had,swapping between the two come MOT time would not be a problem, but what about he two lambda sensors as they are both on the the cat pipe

They are talking OEM cats V a deCAT, not 200 cell v deCAT mate.

the drone will annoy the crap out of you, ask me how i know...

dont do it col get bigger turbo and inj and front mount

Cheers guys I'm gonna stay with what I got

Last edited:
a few years back my m8 done some testing between std cats... decat pipes and then sports cats obviouslsy the difference between std cats up to sport/decats were 20-30 bhp with remapping the difference between sports cat and decat was minimal if anychange what so ever... with the decat fitted the emmisions was running very high with sports cat the co2 was even on par with the std cats which we found amazing...

You will find with a de-cat the rear o2 sensor has to be mapped out as it see's the same as what the front o2 sensor see's and thinks the cat is not working and will pop on the engine lamp and put the car into limp home. Also with the MOT reg's changing sometime this year the new rules state if a car doesn't have the original cat fitted it can fail. But to be honest I think a sport cat looks similar to a standard/replacement cat so wouldn't pose too many problems.

A friend of mine has a Passat 1.8t without a cat - as others have said, it does drone a little but it also sounds amazing where it counts. The exhaust screams along with pops and flames on gear changes. (Maybe im still abit of a chav)