De chrome wrap Matt or gloss

Jamsmoo

Reaction score
Just interested in peoples opinions on which way to go
Decided to get my milky window trims de chromed and I’m undecided on Matt or piano black
Leaning toward Matt as per special Ed’s
Obtained a couple of samples from the wrapping company,just want to canvas opinion here
Thanks
27cf94fd0b5c138e92d3d94cc4647f22.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nathan89
I personally think Matt would look good.

Reactions: Sloppy_1 and Jamsmoo
Piano black wrap will scratch and swirl like no tomorrow.

Likely look out of place too imo.

Best stick with OE matt/satin finish look

Reactions: Sandra and Jamsmoo
Has to be satin or matt finish, gloss just looks naff.

Reactions: Sandra and Jamsmoo
I've been wondering about this as well for my own cat - matt or gloss?
After seeing your pictures I'm thinking matt for sure

Reactions: Jamsmoo
7d37b3bee57f75d89c6e33ec4818c42b.jpg

Thanks all ,mind made up,gonna go with matt ,its obviously the way to go when seen side by side.

Reactions: tr7, Charlie Farley and Nathan89
Now the springs have bedded in and I’ve had time to grind down the hub spigots I can get my spacers on
a2dd9dd5d86ebe237ba8aa8d5a2bb6ad.jpg

Reactions: Charlie Farley
If your grille surrounds gloss black then id go gloss black for the rest of the trims it will all tie in then, the matt looks good in the pictures but it always reminds me of base model cars with plastic trims.

Reactions: Eric_RS6
If your grille surrounds gloss black then id go gloss black for the rest of the trims it will all tie in then, the matt looks good in the pictures but it always reminds me of base model cars with plastic trims.

A mate of mine said exactly that ..his words were poverty spec !lol but ,my last b7 was a special Ed ,gloss black grille surround,matt black window trim oem .My grille is chrome and will remain so …for now

Special Editions have gloss black grille and Matt black window trim ,but the pillar panels are matte as opposed to piano black on the non special Ed’s
It’s the only reason I was swaying towards piano because it would match the pillars

Reactions: Charlie Farley
A mate of mine said exactly that ..his words were poverty spec !lol but ,my last b7 was a special Ed ,gloss black grille surround,matt black window trim oem .My grille is chrome and will remain so …for now

Yeah that's it poverty spec lol

Well in that case id go matt then as gloss will probably look out of place.

Special Editions have gloss black grille and Matt black window trim ,but the pillar panels are matte as opposed to piano black on the non special Ed’s
It’s the only reason I was swaying towards piano because it would match the pillars

Do 1 half matt the other gloss....Happy days then.

Reactions: Pie-eyedpiper and Nathan89

Mk2 special eds have the black brightwork , the proper mk1's have satin silver. :thumbs up:

Front to back or side to side lol

Side to side so depending on if your in a gloss or matt mood you can dribble over one side of the car:icon thumright: you cant look at both sides at once no one will ever no :)

e284ab316fbc929a4f597e6f35ca5ffc.jpg

Might stick with the patchwork

• Haha
Reactions: Sandra, Ricky Burrows and Charlie Farley
I'm going to throw caution to the wind and say, do it chrome. :thumbs up:

Reactions: Ricky Burrows
I went for the gloss. Looks great to be honest as I left the roof bars and mirrors.

Attachments

• 314bff74-ba7a-40ed-bfde-f57c51bc7dc2.JPG
    314bff74-ba7a-40ed-bfde-f57c51bc7dc2.JPG
    228.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 76e4a502-abfa-42c0-867e-c53367a6be59.JPG
    76e4a502-abfa-42c0-867e-c53367a6be59.JPG
    296.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 13271af5-2367-491b-aa4d-2c1ecdb46588.JPG
    13271af5-2367-491b-aa4d-2c1ecdb46588.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 54
068c947873f4a283f5ab9fa732e62ee3.jpg

Went matte ,Recently dropped some eBay roof rails off at the powder coaters to have done in black.I’ll be trying them out ,don’t mind the silver though

Reactions: Rob Avant and tr7
Looks good
Nice work, did mine a while back and it's a ****** fiddly job.

Mike

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

Looks good
Nice work, did mine a while back and it's a ****** fiddly job.

Mike

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

Afraid I can’t take credit.Had the place that did my tints do it ,I did window tints on my last car and learnt somethings are best left to the “pros”

068c947873f4a283f5ab9fa732e62ee3.jpg

Went matte ,Recently dropped some eBay roof rails off at the powder coaters to have done in black.I’ll be trying them out ,don’t mind the silver though

That looks like a decent job, might have to check out Evolve as they are only up the road from me. How much did it cost to wrap your window surrounds (if you don’t mind me asking)

That looks like a decent job, might have to check out Evolve as they are only up the road from me. How much did it cost to wrap your window surrounds (if you don’t mind me asking)

It was 300 for the de chrome and the rear window tints

Reactions: Rob Avant

Good bunch of lads

What's the life span of this wrap and does it breakdown under really hot weather ?

It was 300 for the de chrome and the rear window tints

Nice one, thanks bud. Think I’m going to add this to my never ending list. Makes such a difference as the old milky chrome looks awful

Looks good. Do you use any speacial cleaner for the matte wrap?