De-Chromed

Nelz-S3

Reaction score
Just thought I’d follow up from my Rieger post, I’ve now had the chrome wrapped black with Helis 8 year wrap from Evolve in Derby.
Very happy with the look totally transformed the car. The pictures don’t do it justice.

Cost: £340

Front grill and fog vents from
0ECED79F 3EEA 4905 93DD D136509CD398

To:
C19FC88D 5C91 495D ADF3 2B7C47353FF3

BDBF7EE7 B539 45A3 9EAC DE215877453F

Had the roof rails and window trim done.

B70977FC 3603 4D84 B70D 08402B835A0F

To:

8C634CAB EA29 445B B2C6 2BAC3C8B1C27

41FB2473 F1FC 4228 B603 3762D2362E59

Next part of the project on order:

Milltek non res valved cat back with polished oval tips.

Last edited:
Reactions: reefer110, Baldyone, haywoon and 6 others
I have been debating for so long whether to wrap the parts black or not.

I have decided to stick with the chrome. If I had the honeycomb grille like yours all my chrome would go black too!

Reactions: Neil C and Nelz-S3
Just a tip , i found with the 8p S3 front grilles the trim you can inter change so here is a suggestion buy and aftermarket grille in black gloss and change trim could be cheaper than wrapping .

Just thought I’d follow up from my Rieger post, I’ve now had the chrome wrapped black with Helis 8 year wrap from Evolve in Derby.
Very happy with the look totally transformed the car. The pictures don’t do it justice.

Cost: £340

Front grill and fog vents from
View attachment 151921

To:
View attachment 151922
View attachment 151923

Had the roof rails and window trim done.

View attachment 151924

To:

View attachment 151925

View attachment 151926

Next part of the project on order:

Milltek non res valved cat back with polished oval tips.

That looks superb. I like the gloss to the wrap, from the pics it looks OEM. But £340...is that a good price? Don’t know how much wrapping costs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nelz-S3
£340 seems an average price. I was quoted £40 and £50 for front grille and £150 and £160 for window surrounds. OP has also wrapped roof rails and the silver lines running theough the lower bumper.

Reactions: Nelz-S3 and AL_B
looks better with the chrome imo, but thats just coz i have the same car but 3 door same colour an chrome pack lol,

both look good though mate av got that grill on order least i no what it looks like lol

£340 seems an average price. I was quoted £40 and £50 for front grille and £150 and £160 for window surrounds. OP has also wrapped roof rails and the silver lines running theough the lower bumper.

I went for a number of qoutes and as mentioned above £340 was the average price for all the chrome parts. I had a mental offer of £200, but that was too cheap. I think with all things you get what you pay for.

Reactions: AL_B
looks better with the chrome imo, but thats just coz i have the same car but 3 door same colour an chrome pack lol,

both look good though mate av got that grill on order least i no what it looks like lol

To be honest i did like the chrome, but when i took my S3 into Audi for a Service I saw one with complete black pack and black roof rails and fell in love with it. I had to get it done from then. The pictures don't do it justice, when in front of it i think it looks ace. But saying that even when it had chrome I was still in love with my car lol.

Reactions: AL_B and lucaslfc
lovely car mate, may i ask where you got the honeycomb grille from? it looks spot on!!

lovely car mate, may i ask where you got the honeycomb grille from? it looks spot on!!
Hi mate, I got the grille from this site pal, someone was selling it after taking off his car.
There is a lot of them on eBay though ranging from around £150-200. We had to take the front bumper off to fit the grille just as a word of warning, defo 2 man job.

Reactions: AL_B and abusaddique
To be honest i did like the chrome, but when i took my S3 into Audi for a Service I saw one with complete black pack and black roof rails and fell in love with it. I had to get it done from then. The pictures don't do it justice, when in front of it i think it looks ace. But saying that even when it had chrome I was still in love with my car lol.

Looks good either way mate always good see something different.
Just a question tho when you got that grill fitted did you paint that front cross member black? Gona swap grill same time as intercooler makes sense since front end be off anyway

Looks good either way mate always good see something different.
Just a question tho when you got that grill fitted did you paint that front cross member black? Gona swap grill same time as intercooler makes sense since front end be off anyway
Yes mate painted the crash bar black, took 10 mins if that.
Didn’t want a gloss black grill with silver shining through.
I’d defo recommend personally mate changing to the honeycomb aftermarket.

Reactions: AL_B
I am looking to get my RS3 de chromed and was quoted today the following .....:

Mirrors - £65+vat
Around windows - £230+vat
Grill surround including Quattro part - £80+vat
Rear diffuser £100+vat
Front bumper insert(needs carried out with a join) - £120+vat.
Roof rails £180+vat

What’s your thoughts ??

I am looking to get my RS3 de chromed and was quoted today the following .....:

Mirrors - £65+vat
Around windows - £230+vat
Grill surround including Quattro part - £80+vat
Rear diffuser £100+vat
Front bumper insert(needs carried out with a join) - £120+vat.
Roof rails £180+vat

What’s your thoughts ??

Seems quite expensive.

I was quoted from two companies £140 and £150 for window surrounds... £40 and £50 for front grille.

So the chrome surround on the A3 8P grill comes off for painting or wrapping ? Is it just clipped on ?

Hello guys my audi a3 8v sportback doesn't have crome or black just that plastic frames on windows. Anybody knows if can wrap them? I think they will not hold.....

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk