De-wiper???

Buick7

Reaction score
Has anyone de-wipered a 54 plate a3?

Any idea how to do it and whether it's simple or not?

Help appreciated as always! :)

Same as any other year a3 mate, mines gone! You'll probably need a wiper arm tool to get the wiper itself off, pop inside boot trim off, loosen and unplug wiper motor and plug the hole with a gromet or glass blank like most of us have done!

Excellent mod .

Take the fronts off too , it really helps with aerodynamics .

Reactions: Rideen
I'm only taking the rear off as it doesn't work!

Removing a rear wiper is the most ridiculous idea ever.

Reactions: Rob C, Gazwould and Jake 61
My rear wiper doesn't work and the pipe to the washer doesn't work either. Hence why I want to remove it. each to there own :)

Then fix it lol. Stupid idea. Its there for a reason and an important one at that. :)

It should be made to be part of the mot test in the future.

If it was fitted as oe it should be present and in a working condition washer inc .

Living in the North of Scotland, it isn't a mod I would think about...!
An A3 has one of the shi**iest rear windows I have owned.

It should be made to be part of the mot test in the future.

If it was fitted as oe it should be present and in a working condition washer inc .

I agree completely. It seems the VW/Audi scene does have some real idiotic things, Ive seen some horrendously dangerous camber and wheels on VAG cars..it even started stretching int o the Subaru scene people removing wipers. Insanity.

If we lived in California, then its maybe something that could happen, but not in the UK.

Whenever it rains, snows or car gets dirty, rear wiper helps a lot with rear visibility. I would fix it if I were you mate.

You can de-wiper it, just pay attention not to break your rear glass, it can be easily broken when removing the wiper.

De-wipering is popular then haha I'll see this weekend. Wasnt asking for abuse just advice.

Reactions: AudiJAYE
It's your car, so it should be your opinion that counts. My S3 is de-wipered and I never have a problem. The car is kept clean so it's never really an issue & when it does rain the water sheets off and doesn't obscure my vision as it's protected with a nano sealant for glass. It's a really divided opion I guess :indecisiveness:

Worst rear window I ever owned was a civic type r fn7 horendous split rear window with the lower part being non heate and no wiper got all greasy and dirty after every wash wash a bad design ......actually it was the worst car I ever owned ha ha