De wipering

Moxy89

Reaction score
im either looking at fitting the new 8v rear wiper or removing the rear wiper, If I choose to remove it how can I stop the screen wash from going on the rear window, is there a way to disconnect the tube etc

Any help would be great

Well I delivered mine and fitted a screw into the pipe with the screw dipped in silicon and then extra silicon over the screw, and you also have to push and hold the wiper stalk away from you to spray the rear water which you won't do. :whistle2:

So I could just leave it and not push it

So I could just leave it and not push it
Bung the hole like I did with a small screw and silicon just to be sure but you won't really push it anyway as like I said it's a deliberate movement to push it forward and hold it there.

Reactions: HHS3
I have my rear wiper disabled via VCDS.

If you de-wiper it you'll get used to not using it anyway. Just block it up as above just in case.
I de-activated mine aswell but it played havock with my front not wiping etc.
I have auto wipers so don't know if that's why but I turned off rear wiper and then only the front headlight washer would fire and wiper didn't move so had to activate it again for what ever reason.

I plugged it with a screw and silicone just like dg-1984, I've never managed to hit the stalk by accident so not really an issue, although I do dislike having a switch that doesn't do anything or should not be touched... I've read somewhere you could replace the stalk with a TT one which won't have the forward motion? This is something I'd interested in doing if possible, or maybe the stalks from a B8 A4 sedan (they also have the auto wiper sensitivity switch on top which I like more). Anyone know if this would be possible?