Dealer discounts?

julians

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thinking of changing my Honda s2000 for a current model S3, I had a test drive today and was quite impressed.

Can anyone give me any guidance as to how much discount I can expect off a new one, or how much movement they have generally speaking on their used stock.

I'd buy used if they were significantly cheaper than new, but from looking on the audi website that doesnt appear to be the case.

Cheers

Some dealer will tell you they dont normally discount the S / RS models (if buying new) but would say anwhere up to 5% is possible. I got 3.5% off the cost of mine (after been told the above!) - I know some have got more, but its the overall package I was interested in !

Richard

Plus they are that new and in demand at the min you would be paying near new price for a used one!

Suppose whether you can be bothered to wait for a new one from the factory or happy for a nearly used one within a week?

Jamjar reckon they can do a new one at just over £1000 off list. So I guess thats a good starting point for negotiation with a dealer.

Alot of the time though these car supermarkets and dealers dont have the cars to offer when you come to buy them, its just advertising!

Someone on here tried this and they did not have a car to discount even though they were stating massive savings on them. A search might bring this up somewhere!