Dealer Discounts

L33TAY

Reaction score
Hi all

Looking at putting the feelers out for a new S3 in the next few weeks, and with the current climate are dealers offering any sort of discounts on them at the monent do we know?

Ant thoughts/advise appreciated!:idea:

Lee

I was just about to ask exactly the same question. As you are in Cheshire maybe we could join forces and get a discount for buying two?

Hi Syzygy, yes in Macc at the moment, good idea, that would give us a stick to beat them with!!!

Is there more room for manoeuvre on options like bucket seats and sat nav?

Taking dealer finance may help, but it's not the cheapest option.

You'll always get a discount.

Just play a few dealers off one and other.

I stay in Glasgow and bought my first A3 from Audi Leicester. They worked out cheaper than any other dealer at the time and that included transporter delivery to my house. When I went for the S3 the best price I could get was from Perth. Again this included transporter delivery to my house.

Don't take their first offer as being their best either. Always go back to them and say you have a better offer from another dealer even if you don't. I also spoke to different dealers within the same group and some were willing to give more discount than others.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

You'll always get a discount.

Just play a few dealers off one and other.

I stay in Glasgow and bought my first A3 from Audi Leicester. They worked out cheaper than any other dealer at the time and that included transporter delivery to my house. When I went for the S3 the best price I could get was from Perth. Again this included transporter delivery to my house.

Don't take their first offer as being their best either. Always go back to them and say you have a better offer from another dealer even if you don't. I also spoke to different dealers within the same group and some were willing to give more discount than others.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Agree with the above.

I purchased my 10 plate S3 SB BE with buckets, RNS-E and all the other mods and managed to squeeze a 10% discount back in November and that was playing 4 dealers off one another.

I also live in Glagsow and got the best deal from Camerons of Perth - found the service (so far) first class....speak to David Gray.

Keep us posted on your findings....

Yep...David was who I dealt with too! He even phoned me a year down the line to see how things were going. Seems a decent bloke and does a good deal.

Wait till the end of the month ..... and phone around dealers you may find on that will do you a cracking deal because they need to sell one more car to reach their monthly target

Been into a dealer today and got 9% without much sweat, however, had to have their finance, which was 1% above the finance that I had been quoted.

So will go back I think and go for more, think i'll be able to squeeze 12% (Credit Crunch and all that!) and a bit more off the finance.

Be careful with dealer finance quotes. Make sure your comparing apples with apples so to speak. Flat rate, APR and AER etc...

I got 10.9% off of mine with relative ease, I rang in the morning arranged a test drive for the afternoon, had the test drive, came back and the salesman asked for my thoughts, I offered to buy one subject them matching the online deal I had seen, he said no chance, I went leave and they buckled within ten minutes.

Sheffield Audi if anybody is interested.

Thats interesting adymcd, do you have the name of the sales guy you spoke/dealt with?

Hey guys, don't know if you can give some advice?

Ordered the car below, arranged to use Audi finance and paid a deposit but the car hasn't been delivered yet so the finance hasn't been finalised... Do you think there is any chance of squeezing a discount out of them now? I'm assuming not since they know you are taking the car regardless. Only got about 2% so was looking to extend that a bit!

Hey guys, don't know if you can give some advice?

Ordered the car below, arranged to use Audi finance and paid a deposit but the car hasn't been delivered yet so the finance hasn't been finalised... Do you think there is any chance of squeezing a discount out of them now? I'm assuming not since they know you are taking the car regardless. Only got about 2% so was looking to extend that a bit!

Deposit paid, and car ordered? No hope in hell...

Didn't think so...

I'll just take the £2000 they offered for my car that is really only worth about £50 (and doesn't qualify for the scrappage - so a good deal on their part!!). Suppose that's pretty close to 10%...

I had my S3 for 6 months. I was a September 2009 car and the dealer I sold it to advertised it as £500.00 more than I paid for it new and it has sold!!!!!!!