Dealer ignored no wash notice

AndyT306

Staff member
Reaction score
So my car was in Audi today to have my bluetooth issues investigated, and as always a no wash notice was left on the job card (they actually prompted me to put it on)

So I go to pick the car up and it's been washed - when it went in it was very dirty due to the winter weather, and there is no way I can imagine it has been washed safely, or at least to the standard I would apply

I complained to the service manager and he kinda shrugged and said he couldn't undo it and if i wanted to get an independent report done on any damage caused, they would rectify it!

Now I don't know how I would prove they caused any defects, and I also couldn't inspect the vehicle in the dark while snowing

I'm raging :(

Reactions: Buxton2901
Not good mate i feel your pain and frustration

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

worst part with the winter light and weather is that i won't really know the state of the car till spring :(

accelerating my decision to change cars

Just for Audi to pay for a full machine polish paint correction

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

They surely have better lighting in their premisses that could show any paint defects, no?
Think, suggested machine polish and paint correction is a good idea.
As an incentive, they should at least agree for that.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

The car was partially covered in snow when I arrived, it wouldn’t have been possibly to inspect even indoors

I had this and Audi did pay £400 ish for it to be detailed / fixed. Frustrating though yes.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

So my car was in Audi today to have my bluetooth issues investigated, and as always a no wash notice was left on the job card (they actually prompted me to put it on)

So I go to pick the car up and it's been washed - when it went in it was very dirty due to the winter weather, and there is no way I can imagine it has been washed safely, or at least to the standard I would apply

I complained to the service manager and he kinda shrugged and said he couldn't undo it and if i wanted to get an independent report done on any damage caused, they would rectify it!

Now I don't know how I would prove they caused any defects, and I also couldn't inspect the vehicle in the dark while snowing

Insist that they pay for a full detail and paint correction from a company of your choice..

spoke to Audi central customer services, also completely disinterested

oh well, will be an interesting phone call when they get back to me on my new A6 order!

@AndyT306 - Feeling your pain Andy :(
I would suggest at least they cover the cost of a Detail from an independent Detailer. Don't let them touch it !
Hope it gets sorted for you

Unlike :(

well they've asked me to get it inspected for defects, but i do all my own detailing lol

well they've asked me to get it inspected for defects, but i do all my own detailing lol
Get the dosh off Audi for the detail.... And then use the money to buy yer very own paint correction tools, then you'll be able to use them on every other car you buy from then on
Detailing ain't a Profession as anyone can do it properly if they have a passion for it... .. There's so many sources available ie media to learn from now .. ...

Reactions: S32B and V6_Man
@AndyT306 - and if you are looking for an evidence where Audi have paid for the detail then look no further :sunglasses:

My local stealership washed my freshly coated car and ended up paying for the re-correction and re-application of the coating. I asked my detailer to send the quote directly to my the dealership and asked the dealership to make the payment directly to my detailer and let me know so that I could book in the car. And so the car was ceramic coated twice between April and Sep 2018 :wtf:

Reactions: Jassyo06
@AndyT306 - and if you are looking for an evidence where Audi have paid for the detail then look no further :sunglasses:

My local stealership washed my freshly coated car and ended up paying for the re-correction and re-application of the coating. I asked my detailer to send the quote directly to my the dealership and asked the dealership to make the payment directly to my detailer and let me know so that I could book in the car. And so the car was ceramic coated twice between April and Sep 2018 :wtf:

Hmmmm.... Just one wash !!!! doesn't speak volumes for the brand of ceramic coating mate??

Reactions: V6_Man
Hmmmm.... Just one wash !!!! doesn't speak volumes for the brand of ceramic coating mate??

Or perhaps the wash... The rest of the car wasn't that bad however it was the boot that they (stealership) managed to change the colour of - pic fyi

9fbc257e5516366fcf3f7ad04b6ee623.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Or perhaps the wash. The rest of the car wasn't that bad however it was the boot that they (stealership) managed to change the colour of - pic fyi

**** me .. ... Fade to Grey .....as Steve Strange use to sing lol

Reactions: V6_Man
Or perhaps the wash. The rest of the car wasn't that bad however it was the boot that they (stealership) managed to change the colour of - pic fyi

Hence l ain't putting my car on for the Fuel Flap mechanism to be replaced until the better weather comes in

Reactions: Bristle Hound and V6_Man
How the ****** hell did the dealership manage to change the colour @Tashfeen ?

No idea mate. Car went in for MoT and not only that the jobsheet said 'No Wash' I had left the same signs inside the car as well (thanks to you). And I was stood outside through the time just to make sure. Anyways, I then went inside to sign the paperwork to test drive an RS6, which ended up in an SQ7 as the RS was 'sold'.

I come back the next day to drop off the SQ7 and pick up the S4 and the Sales Rep tells me, 'we have washed your car as it was dirty' . After about one month and 28 emails later they agreed to pay.

No idea mate. Car went in for MoT and not only that the jobsheet said 'No Wash' I had left the same signs inside the car as well (thanks to you). And I was stood outside through the time just to make sure. Anyways, I then went inside to sign the paperwork to test drive an RS6, which ended up in an SQ7 as the RS was 'sold'.

I come back the next day to drop off the SQ7 and pick up the S4 and the Sales Rep tells me, 'we have washed your car as it was dirty' . After about one month and 28 emails later they agreed to pay.
@Tashfeen - Idiots ! ***

Reactions: V6_Man and KrisKrk