Dealer issues

kree-sholva

Reaction score
Hi, I am a long time lurker on this site so I thought I'd finally join and get some advice.

I bought my very first Audi A4 in March after leaving my first love BMW.
  • From the very first day the back shelf speakers and the shelf have been rattling and all sorts under any bass from songs.
  • The front dashboard speaker was resonating under speech in songs and rattling at the same time.
  • The drivers seat slightly shifted when coming off a motorway and made a clicking noise.
  • There also was a constant creaking sound coming from the rear windshield over any imperfection on the road.
  • The adblue low warning message came up at 2000 miles when the car was one month old!!!

Now I waited a whole month before bothering to go back to the dealers as I was enjoying driving the car so much! Booked the car in and was given a courtesy car. The technician sat with me in the car and identified each and every fault with the car. I was assured the car would be back with me within four days.

They kept the car for a total of 7 days so I went in to collect. I drove around the block and the drivers seat was fixed and was the creaking from the rear windshield. The front speaker was also fixed. Now the rear shelf and speakers it was exactly the same! I checked the drivers info display and the adblue warning was still there! They didnt top it up. I went back and they made me wait 1hr 30 mins to sort those two issues.

Once again Im back in the car and the adblue is topped up this time but the rear shelf was exactly the same. The tech advised me theyll order in the whole shelf and speakers from Germany which should have arrived last week. After countless calls nobody seems to know anything.

Now two weeks after the car was supposedly fixed the drivers seat is still making the clicking noises like its not bolted securely in place. I'm at my tethers end with the rattles.

Where do I stand on this issue? refund? replacement? Or change the dealer completly? Thanks guys I look forward to your replies.

Can't believe Audi still have the lose drivers seat issue. I assume the car was brand new? How long have you owned it and is it on finance? Audi Customer care and the finance company can often help sort issues out if the dealer isn't playing ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AD72,

Yes the car was registered new in March 2017 on PCP. The car is now 2 months old exact.

I will try phoning the dealer again today if not I will try what you ahve suggested with the finance company.

Where do I stand on this issue? refund? replacement? Or change the dealer completly? Thanks guys I look forward to your replies.

Technically, within the first 30 days you have the right to reject the vehicle outright, 30 days to 6 months you have to give the dealer 1 chance to fix the problem:

http://www.thecarexpert.co.uk/rejecting-a-car/

That said it depends on the issues and how far you are prepared to go, small issues it's just worth sorting out with the dealer directly, but in your case being ignored is hampering your good will.
It sounds like the dealer has had some chances and failed, so the next options are to:
1) Goto the dealers or arrange an appointment with the General Manager
2) Involved Audi UK, and consider rejection based on the seat base and it being a safety issue!
3) Reject the car.

If you reject you need to do this in writing via Email or Letter, and my personal advise is to make sure any phone calls that surround this are all backed up with confirmation in writing by either yourself or Audi so it limits the lies that will start.

I would start by speaking with the service manager, and if not available demanding a call back within an hour. Leave a message if they don't answer stating the 'safety' issue with the seat, and the expectation of a call back to rectify the issue.
If still no answer start esculating upwards, the rejection should really be the last resort, but you are well within your rights.

Reactions: Daggerit
Lemme know how the rest parcel shelf goes mate!

I've had my front speakers replaced 3 times now... getting kind of ridiculous. I'm also getting loads of vibrations and noises from the rear parcel shelf. Hopefully they get your part asap and fix it!

After nearly two months and a total of 15 days of being without my car. The rattles are still not fixed. I'm not sure what to do now as the dealership was supposed to send a report to Germany for help with the speaker rattles. It's been two weeks I haven't heard back. I am tempted to go another dealer or even a local sound system installer and get them to diet the rattles. Any ideas guys? I'm at my tethers end as the rattles are making me go crazy and I can't even enjoy the b & o sound system.

I have the same B&O speaker rattles. It's the grilles that are rattling at certain frequencies. I've fixed the dash one by sticking a piece of cloth loom tape under the grill in roughly the area that's plastic touching plastic. Something similar will fix the door ones too - it's the midrange ones on mine. I was going to raise it with the dealer when in for 1st service soon but I reckon I'll end up either taking the door cards off myself to pop in some damping material or I'll get my local ICE guys to do same. Shouldn't have to though.

My friend has an A6 with the B&O speaker system and his has terrible rattles. Been in several times and still not fixed.

Anyone with rear parcel shelf B&O related speaker rattle, please ensure it's not the third brake light casing causing the noise. I could've sworn the rattle was from the parcel shelf, turned out it was the plastic casing holding the third brake light up by the roof lining, I stumbled on it by chance, couple of bits of foam has sorted mine out and now I have no rattles at all from said area. Funny thing is with rattles, they are almost always in the opposite area of where you think you've heard them!