Dealers and Audi UK - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Reaction score
Basically thought I’d start a thread about dealers and Audi UK to see what everyone else has experienced?

I won’t beat around the bush between Audi UK Customer Service + their Exec Office and Jardine Audi I’ve had some of the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced.

I’m just wondering if I’ve been unlucky or if anyone else is having good or bad experiences with their retailer and Audi UK if they’ve been in contact.

Am I the odd one out here? Have you guys had good interactions with your retailers and Audi UK?

My salesman at Jardine was really nice but literally every single person above him and everyone in Audi seem to just be there to get rid of anyone who gets in touch with them as quickly as they can whilst doing as little as they can to help them.

Cheers
DM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My lot are great, Farnborough Audi.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DangerMouseUK
Paul Wilson at Tyneside Audi, bought 2 RS3s off him now and our lass’ Q2. Sound bloke and super laid back.

Use external finance, had a detailer collect and prep the car then deliver back to Audi for handover, requested not to have plates drilled in the bumper. None of which was a bother.

Used a few:

Lincoln - :icon thumright:
Carlisle - :icon thumright:
Stafford - :puke2:
Huddersfield - :icon thumright:

Reactions: cooperp, DangerMouseUK and Jassyo06
Tyneside and Farnborough are both Lookers which is interesting never used their Audi franchises before

Stafford are Swansway - used one of their retailers and they were cowboys!

Maybe it’s just Swansway and Jardine then?

Highland Audi in Inverness were great emails , phone calls were returned quickly and I got regular updates. They knocked £550 off for no trade in and threw in a free set of rubber mats and an Auto Glym car care kit. Sales manager came over and thanked me for the business and all in it was a good experience and I would definitely recommend them.

Reactions: NWHighlander, DangerMouseUK and Rhurs
Grimsby Audi
Whetstone Audi
Both good especially Grimsby weekly updates on build process

Could not fault Sif at Glasgow Audi. Again Lookers.

Could not fault Sif at Glasgow Audi. Again Lookers.
Sif that's about the only good sales guy in there ....all the rest no middle management are even worse its all about numbers with glasgow Audi Sif has been there well over 10 years so knows the script
In general l wouldn't go near them in my experience the larger dealerships are the worst mate

Abie at Stirling Audi is superb!! Wider family have bought cars off him for years, great lad

Im starting to have a feeling its just Jardine and Swansway that are cowboys lol.

Having said that the direct contact I've had with Audi UK (both normal Customer Service and Executive Office) has bordered on being useless and at times even ventured into just plain rude lol.

I've heard a few bad things about various Swansway dealerships before and my only two interactions with them were a bit of a joke some of the stuff they were doing to get cars in was against the terms of their agreement with Audi UK and they were just openly disclosing it on the phone to me.

Jardine Wolverhampton (barring my sales guy who is a really nice bloke) have been a knightmare to deal with and my local Jardine (Amersham) where the car is going for service - whilst all the staff are pleasant, it went in for 6-7 hours the other day and came out with more problems than when it went in.

My tip for anyone who might read this is hope the car has no issues as Audi UK will be useless and try to stay clear of Swansway and Jardine retailers if you can as they seem to be the worst of the bunch.

Epsom Audi (drift bridge) sales- useless never responded to my enquiry.

Coulsdon Audi (Marshall) sales have always been a joke.

Crawley Audi (Harwoods) - salesman was great when placing order. Since then has given me no updates with RS3 order or any communication, I have had to extract information from the business manager.

After this experience I plan to never buy another Audi.

Highland Audi in Inverness have good sales and service staff, I have bought my cars from Connor, he is an attentitve sales person. Tougher to get deals here though.

Mike

Reactions: Rhurs and DangerMouseUK
Cambridge Audi were great. I dealt with James. Really great comms all the way through the purchase.

Think Audi Shrewsbury is Jardine? So seems to fall in line what other people think of them.
Took my Deposit in November last year & as I said no updates recently, Happy to now just circulate the latest BS diktat from the UK head of Sales.
I Haven't even had an Order Copy yet, Which in light of 2 price increases (which don't apply to me) despite my requesting a copy a couple of times! Absolute Garbage Customer Service tbh.

When Car finally pitches up as I am Covid Shielding still there will thankfully be minimal interaction.

Think Audi Shrewsbury is Jardine? So seems to fall in line what other people think of them.
Took my Deposit in November last year & as I said no updates recently, Happy to now just circulate the latest BS diktat from the UK head of Sales.
I Haven't even had an Order Copy yet, Which in light of 2 price increases (which don't apply to me) despite my requesting a copy a couple of times! Absolute Garbage Customer Service tbh.

When Car finally pitches up as I am Covid Shielding still there will thankfully be minimal interaction.

Sounds pretty mild for Jardine to be honest - it can and will probably get worse!

Wouldn't surprise me Fella. I'm hoping it pitches up in Late July/Early August as I have an Endorsement coming off my licence in August. Then if it does pitch up I will keep moving the Collection Date back. Although knowing them they will try to charge me Storage.......

Highland Audi in Inverness have good sales and service staff, I have bought my cars from Connor, he is an attentitve sales person. Tougher to get deals here though.

Mike
I use highland for servicing etc amf there staff have been excellent but have bought my last 3 cars from Aberdeen might use highland next time as its only 15 mins away

Epsom Audi (drift bridge) sales- useless never responded to my enquiry.

Coulsdon Audi (Marshall) sales have always been a joke.

Crawley Audi (Harwoods) - salesman was great when placing order. Since then has given me no updates with RS3 order or any communication, I have had to extract information from the business manager.

After this experience I plan to never buy another Audi.
Placed mine with five oaks (Harwoods) who is what, 14 miles away from Crawley? My sales rep Jenny emails me back within 24 hours when I request an update. I did go to place my S3 8V order with crawley before they were part of hardwoods and they were terrible, almost like they didn't want to sell me the car.

Placed mine with five oaks (Harwoods) who is what, 14 miles away from Crawley? My sales rep Jenny emails me back within 24 hours when I request an update. I did go to place my S3 8V order with crawley before they were part of hardwoods and they were terrible, almost like they didn't want to sell me the car.
Never heard bad news about five oaks, small dealership but seems all friendly and welcoming.

Salesman at Crawley was great to begin with managed to get good figures on the Carbon sportback. Once deposit was handed over no updates or contact for 5 months.

Have been a customer of Audi in Macclesfield since 2014. Basically bought and maintained my S3 there. Wanted to order an RS3 and to be honest, the salesman didn’t really seem very interested, maybe because they are hard to source. Rarely followed up and made a big deal about the £1k deposit being non-returnable.

Went to Audi Crewe who could not have been more accommodating. Ordered my car in April and Will has been amazing. He’s also a bit of an enthusiast himself in the brand. Long story short, a Merlin Purple Vorsprung Saloon was cancelled and I pick it up this Tuesday :) ……..they could easily have registered and sold on for a profit but they have looked after me as a customer.

Dealerships are a very subjective thing based on experience but for me so far, Crewe have been outstanding.

Reactions: creweaudiparts, Frizzley, Terminator x and 1 other person
Have been a customer of Audi in Macclesfield since 2014. Basically bought and maintained my S3 there. Wanted to order an RS3 and to be honest, the salesman didn’t really seem very interested, maybe because they are hard to source. Rarely followed up and made a big deal about the £1k deposit being non-returnable.

Went to Audi Crewe who could not have been more accommodating. Ordered my car in April and Will has been amazing. He’s also a bit of an enthusiast himself in the brand. Long story short, a Merlin Purple Vorsprung Saloon was cancelled and I pick it up this Tuesday :) ……..they could easily have registered and sold on for a profit but they have looked after me as a customer.

Dealerships are a very subjective thing based on experience but for me so far, Crewe have been outstanding.
I wouldn't say charging you over list price for a car that was most likely ordered before the December price increase is looking after you....? Dealerships are foremost there to make money it's just that some do it in a nicer way than others

I wouldn't say charging you over list price for a car that was most likely ordered before the December price increase is looking after you....? Dealerships are foremost there to make money it's just that some do it in a nicer way than others
They haven’t charged me over list price, although it is current list price and the same as the one I had ordered, plus exclusive paint and dynamic pack. They could have registered and added £5k like many seem to be doing.

Last edited:
They haven’t charged me over list price, although it is current list price and the same as the one I had ordered, plus exclusive paint and dynamic pack. They could have registered and added £5k like many seem to be doing.
The lead time for a RS3 8Y with a exclusive paint is longer than a standard option painted car as you well know, what l was saying was they've ordered the car prior to the price increase and selling it to you at the newer increased price ie a £5000 profit plus the normal profit they make from all RS3 8Y "s yeah it was courteous of them to offer you the car them knowing your actual spec and given the declining market prices they've done a quick turnover profit saving it sitting in a showroom/forecourt for weeks/months and sold it to yourself so your happy they're happy....not a lot of folks would pay £70k for a RS3 right now

The lead time for a RS3 8Y with a exclusive paint is longer than a standard option painted car as you well know, what l was saying was they've ordered the car prior to the price increase and selling it to you at the newer increased price ie a £5000 profit plus the normal profit they make from all RS3 8Y "s yeah it was courteous of them to offer you the car them knowing your actual spec and given the declining market prices they've done a quick turnover profit saving it sitting in a showroom/forecourt for weeks/months and sold it to yourself so your happy they're happy....not a lot of folks would pay £70k for a RS3 right now
Understand mate. Their £66k Carbon demo model was sold on Friday. Obviously lower spec than mine so people will still pay over the odds. Even discussed with sales about the fact that they have the order at the lower pre-price rise cost etc, which they are more than open about. It is a win/win and my point was that I think many dealers wouldn’t have offered to a customer as a new car. We have seen so many at inflated prices in recent months.

I usually keep my cars 3-4 years. Kept my S3 for over 7 so skipped a car….….lockdown partly to blame for an even longer gap too plus the fact I love my S3. I was resigned to £63k and a wait well into next year. Weighed it all up and for me it was this one was a no brainer. Fortunate that I have a pile of cash aside for this treat and buying it outright so no interest to pay which is also a factor in the overall depreciation calculation etc.

I’ll probably keep it 2 to 3 years and then get something a bit more sensible. Mind you, I did say the same thing about the S3!!

Hope you get some good news on yours soon too buddy.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Audi Nottingham were ok for a bit, actual salesman was decent enough but again middle management are appalling. Declined test drives etc. I’ve now requested a refund and the salesman who was decent is obviously not interested, I’ve drafted an email to the head of sytner but doubt it will get me anywhere.

its all depends from sale person not dealer :) at crewe audi i deal with one bad guy and one good

I was on my way Home from a Hospital appointment & as the ordering Dealership was on the way home (with a minimal detour.) I knew they had a 600 mile Base Spec for Sale (Demo possibly) and if so quite disturbing that the guy who took the order didn't even have the common courtesy to invite me over for a Test drive?

Anyway, Car was actually in the Showroom. We walked in masked up as immune suppressed and despite the Government & Media disinterest, Covid rates are actually back on the rise. Approached by a dozy receptionist who went to walk right up to us enquiring if we required "Any help" Had to politely advise to keep space between us. Dumb ain't the word..
I am pretty sure that the guy who took my £500 deposit (done by phone/email & he sent me a VP on a Launch Edition car) was sat 20ft away & never even looked up from his desk........... Says it all really.

I wish i had ordered from either Crewe (30 miles) or Stafford (20 miles) away.

• Haha
Reactions: Mastachaz
I was on my way Home from a Hospital appointment & as the ordering Dealership was on the way home (with a minimal detour.) I knew they had a 600 mile Base Spec for Sale (Demo possibly) and if so quite disturbing that the guy who took the order didn't even have the common courtesy to invite me over for a Test drive?

Anyway, Car was actually in the Showroom. We walked in masked up as immune suppressed and despite the Government & Media disinterest, Covid rates are actually back on the rise. Approached by a dozy receptionist who went to walk right up to us enquiring if we required "Any help" Had to politely advise to keep space between us. Dumb ain't the word..
I am pretty sure that the guy who took my £500 deposit (done by phone/email & he sent me a VP on a Launch Edition car) was sat 20ft away & never even looked up from his desk........... Says it all really.

Covid rates have risen ...but its now far far weaker or was it like this in the first place?....anyways my 79 year old mother with a heart condition had it....just one vaccine....and recovered within a few days ....anyway l digress there is no point in saying l shouldn't have or l should have ....we all didn't expect that car manufacturering would be F@@ked upped and crippled by a chip shortage and a war ....

There is a difference between a car on Audi's books as a 'Demo' and a car that is 'For sale'

I once asked 'Is that the demo car' and was told 'no it's a sales car' you would need to show interest as a used car buyer to get anywhere near it

As for the original Poster answer to his question: 'The good the bad and the ugly'

Audi dealers are all great providing everything is easy and going in their direction, you will ONLY find out just how good they are when you either have a problem or they go that extra mile and (for eg) find you a car of their own doing.

I get quite annoyed with the whole set up, a couple of snobby receptionists looking down on you followed by a pretty clueless sales person, no need at all these days, just an on-line order system would do it for me :)

Just imagine how much cheaper the car could be if we weren’t paying the salary of all those to**ers in the Chrome and glass fronted Audi centre, never mind the rates etc?

Reactions: DangerMouseUK, Alan Oliver, RS03??? and 1 other person
There is a difference between a car on Audi's books as a 'Demo' and a car that is 'For sale'

I once asked 'Is that the demo car' and was told 'no it's a sales car' you would need to show interest as a used car buyer to get anywhere near it
With all due respect as an ex Car Salesman you are "preaching to the Choir somewhat"
Regardless of the origins of the Car the point I was making amongst others was that if someone had just dropped 60K on a Car they hadn't actually even physically seen yet driven it would have been something that i personally would have done. I may have declined it as there as certain circumstances prevalent, But it would have been nice to have been afforded the opportunity......

I bought my new RS3 from Edinburgh Audi and had no complaints at all. I was told 16 weeks when I ordered it and it was near enough bang on when I got it.

• Wow
Reactions: Alan Oliver and kayemill
Ordered Edinburgh Audi 13/11/21, delivered 5/3/22, including Kyalami Green, C&S pack and sports exhaust. That's 16 weeks bang on. You see they can get it right now and again :thumbs up:

Ordered Edinburgh Audi 13/11/21, delivered 5/3/22, including Kyalami Green, C&S pack and sports exhaust. That's 16 weeks bang on. You see they can get it right now and again :thumbs up:
You got base model that way was fast

Reactions: Daggerit