Dealership Didn't Add Service Plan

jimmydougle

Reaction score
Hi all,

Had a slight issue with my S5.

I bought the car just over a year ago and it has gone in for the first service (oil change). I've taken the vehicle to another dealership for the service. After I dropped the car off, the dealership called me and advised that I didn't have a service plan on the vehicle. I know that I had a service plan on the vehicle because I remember selecting the Service and Maintenance plan so that my brakes were covered. I recall negotiating the price of the monthly payment to exactly on the nearest 100, then with the service plan it was ~£33 per month. That all ties in with what my actual monthly costs are.

I've been back to the dealership where I bought the car. They've told me that there's no service plan on the vehicle. But they've said, as the first service is only £250 and I would have paid ~£400 over 12 months, I'm "quids in" and should pay it in cash and they'll see whether they can now add the service plan. Apparently if I had a service plan on the vehicle, it would come through as a separate payment.

My problem is:
- This is an unexpected expenditure
- I was sold the car as being the price including the service plan
- Have I missed something here?

Any ideas about the best course of action? Should I be complaining and refusing to pay the £250?

Unless you have emails or the like to show that the service plan was indeed included in the amounts then I suspect it is going to be hard to prove the dealership's paper work is incorrect.

Unless you have emails or the like to show that the service plan was indeed included in the amounts then I suspect it is going to be hard to prove the dealership's paper work is incorrect.
^^^THIS^^^ I know it's very annoying, but it's your word against theirs :(

When I was doing the deal on my A5 I sent them an email to say "Remember I may sell the S3 privately, so keep the deals separate from each other", they replied saying "yes". When I went to sign the paperwork for the A5 they said "We just need to check the S3 over to give you a final price for it", their faces dropped to the floor when I said "Oh I've sold that privately, I did tell you I may via email that I wanted them kept seperate" :p