Dealing with tiredness

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
I've been away for about 26 hours at the moment and trying to stay awake and still be able to do some work.
With out wanting to go down the caffeine or energy drink route and apart from the obviousness of going to sleep to stop being tired.

Any one else got any tips, ideas or random things they do to help them stay awake?

I found a little cold water down your back at regular intervals kept me going,it's harsh but it works.

Go for a little jog/brisk walk, then eat some fresh fruit and some nuts

have a 30n min power nap mate, anything else is prolonging the pain,

but can you see the face?
face-in-beans.jpg

I am always feeling tired, I used to have low iron, but then changed my diet and also have a vit D deficiency, which apparently affects alot of black and asian people, due to their skin colour. The most natural way of getting Vit D is sunshine, however as we dont get much in this country, I have to have a Vit D Jab every 6-12 months.

It does help, but I do still fell very tired very often, I have changed my diet to a bit more of a healthier one and have regular fluids, but for some reason, if I sit down for 5 mins not doing anything, im zonked out!!!

Any tips would also be appreciated here too :)

Quick jog, then cold water in the sink dunk your face in takes your breath away but you feel refreshed after.

Eating really helps but then it gets expensive and I get fat!!
So I don't do that.

I went to bed early, slept through the alarm and still feel like poo.
O well, bed early again and late shift tomorrow. Bit more sleep.

I need to take up riding again. As tiring as it was, I did feel more awake and over all better.

I like the tips though. :thumbsup:

Scott it depends what you are eating.

I feel like the more night time sleep I have, the more tired I wake up in the morning!!

I think excercise can also help alot, which is something I hardly very do!!!

I recently started up going for a walk at lunchtime, I got back to my desk was all light headed and honestly thought I was going to knock out :(

Its got better the more I do it, so its obviously helped.

Why do you want to stay awake for more than 26 hours? Am i missing something here?

Why do you want to stay awake for more than 26 hours? Am i missing something here?

I don't.
It just happen to be awake for that long and was wondering what people's tips & tricks are with dealing with it.

I'm ok now though. couple of good nights sleep and some good food, I'm back to my 6 hours a night and full of energy. :thumbsup:

drinking water helps me... its not the regular need to pee but just something about it... the cold water inside... waking me up. other things like apples/oranges as well... sugary but not as bad as say a can of cola... in office turn the air con to cold or just open the window for a bit/turning the brightness down on the lcd monitor at work and regular short breaks... every 30 mins or so get up from desk and strectch legs... otherwise regular exercise and a good nights sleep keeps the energy levels up.