Debate "2010 Front End or S3 2008 Front End"

J.R.

"Started From The Bottom"
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I've been Collecting S3 2008 Parts for my Audi 2.0 TDI for some Time now as I wanted to Convert the front end into a S3. But I've been investigating on How much it costs to convert it into the 2010 version. And I've concluded it's the same price for the parts, as I've messaged member: "Dean's A3" and he only paid this for his parts :

Bonnet £100
Wings £90
Lock Carrier £60
Did not change bumper bar
2010 LED headlights £350

Now that this is the case I've got Some Parts for Sale:

S3 Primed Front Bumper
S3 Black Grill
2008 Bonnet

If you got the money do the 2010 conversion. But just because dean got his parts that much it doesn't mean you will digz. Good luck

If you got the money do the 2010 conversion. But just because dean got his parts that much it doesn't mean you will digz. Good luck

True .....But why go with old when you can go with New for just a little bit extra.........I'm also waiting for this RS3 Bumper to come out: lol

Audi-1011111427499661600x1060.jpg

good luck with that mate - you'll almost certainly have to buy new and sell a kidney to pay for it along with the grille etc

Good Luck with it and I agree 100% with what Ash said.

Its a mod that I wouldn't mind eventually doing but its not a cheap one!

Keep us updated mate

As other have said you may not get the parts at such a good price.

£350 is a very good price for the headlights

fetch £800 on ebay

there is also a diesel that looks similar to the s3 front & rear bumper + headlights if you do the 2010

As other have said you may not get the parts at such a good price.

£350 is a very good price for the headlights

fetch £800 on ebay

there is also a diesel that looks similar to the s3 front & rear bumper + headlights if you do the 2010

Yeh I gathered that about the lights.....But I might as well go with 2010 as if I had to do the years below it would cost around the same. oem lights £500 plus A6 L.E.D's ..£250 . What do you mean by similar diesel that looks like an S3 ?

i would just do the S3 conversion its cheaper the 2010 conversion is well expensive and you have to get it coded to your car and dont forget the wings and door mirrors as the indicators are in the mirrors now

My Black Edition Diesel looks fairly similar to an S3. To be fair so do all the S-Line models.

i would just do the S3 conversion its cheaper the 2010 conversion is well expensive and you have to get it coded to your car and dont forget the wings and door mirrors as the indicators are in the mirrors now

I Already have VAG-COM. Wings don't cost that much. £90 each at the most. door mirrors will be at a later stage. Hence it will be cheaper. lol

2010 is alot more expensive, just ask Phil (P5SND).

Its a nice modern look but I think its a bit too much on an older car, the cost is just too much. Dean may have been lucky and indeed the bumpers for 2010 are cheaper on Ebay than 2008 etc ones but the rest of it, lights, wings etc will push up the costs alot. There is alot of coding needed for the 2010 too including modules if you go the full hog. Good luck with which ever facelift you go for.

and as well, if your car doesnt have xenons as standard, you will have to fit auto level kit & headlight washers again ££££ and a lot of coding

and as well, if your car doesnt have xenons as standard, you will have to fit auto level kit & headlight washers again ££££ and a lot of coding

Well I would of had to do this on the S3 2008 front end anyhow ......as my previous Audi a3 2.0 fsi , I installed after-market lights and had the wiper motor problem. So there are no other ways around but to go full O.E.M.

Yes, the conversion does add up especially if you want it doing right and everything OEM as well as being one of the first with Phil to do this (well on the forum anyway) A lot experimental stuff as well that you have to find out for yourself as one din't have anyone to ask as this was breaking new ground at the time.

I was also quite lucky with parts especially the headlights, seller failed to mention (or din't know) that they were adaptives, otherwise they would have probably gone for about £800 like they did on eBay the other day. I also started collecting parts very early on too as now they go for quite a premium.

auto levelling dont come around a lot or cheap

better off doing it to a 58> less work...