Decalring mods

leespears1

Reaction score
I recently heard that if I go for a remap - it will be undetectable in the engine.

In this case - is it worth telling my insurance to throw more money away?

Opinions and experiences please!!!!

There are a few other threads about this.

Pretty much un-detectable > Yes
Should you tell your insurer > I guess it's up to you and how much they quote for the known modification. If they quote you a nominal amount each year for the mod, then yeah why not tell them. If they quote an arm and leg that's fifferent.

I guess it comes down to whether or not you are comfortable 'misleading' or failing to inform the insurer about the change.

Personally, I would investigate the impact of the change first then decide based on the new quotes.

Good Luck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

Lee without a shadow of a doubt you should tell your insurance company.. they will try every trick in the book not to pay out. It may not be just a cars damage which you'd have to fork out for .. personal injury claims runs in the 10's of thousands.

If you can't afford to tell your insurance company that you can't afford to do it..

tell them.

same for the DV your using. That should have already been declared. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

with a standard remap mines gone from 210 to 260bhp what sort of an performance increase should i tell my insurer i have gained?

[ QUOTE ]
MingBluS3 said:
with a standard remap mines gone from 210 to 260bhp what sort of an performance increase should i tell my insurer i have gained?

[/ QUOTE ]

25% chip

good morning all. just had a quote from company called FRIZZEL - 0800 032 0307. don't charge for external engine mods. chiping (superchips) a4 diesel 130. seems to be my cheapest quote by far. got thier number elsewhere on this site.

Mine went up £150 when I chipped mine a few months back. That was with DL. I didn't think that was too bad to be honest!

Just got the quote 120 quid extra, but the excess goes up?? not too happy about that.

where do you live fella? i got a good postcode. Insure with DL

You can bring your excess down if you are prepared to pay more money for your premium! Just a thought!

might have to do that £500 excess for the fire & theft.

I'm now happier to have a high excess (around £600) to lower my current premium, stash away the saving. As if I'd need to make a claim, my renewal would likly to have increased more than what I'd saved on the reduced excess.
Instead of making a claim for sub £600 I'd plan to pay myself, resulting in an extra years NC at renewal time.

I'm a young driver without protected NC, and with not many years NC (It's amzing the damage a foot high metal post can do at 5mph). People in different circumstances may find this doesn't work.