Decent garden hose for use with PW ?

sixlargebeers

Reaction score
Hi folks. My garden hose has sprung a major leak so looking for a replacement for use with Karcher K5 compact PW. Standard Hozelock hose has served me well but age has caught up with it.
Ideally looking for replacement that won't kink so easily but some I've seen online aren't recommended for use with PWs.
Any recommendations would be very helpful.

Reactions: NevMan
Hi folks. My garden hose has sprung a major leak so looking for a replacement for use with Karcher K5 compact PW. Standard Hozelock hose has served me well but age has caught up with it.
Ideally looking for replacement that won't kink so easily but some I've seen online aren't recommended for use with PWs.
Any recommendations would be very helpful.
Karcher do garden hoses mate

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: sixlargebeers and NevMan
I have a Karcher hose which is ok, but the connectors are sh*t IMO. Keep shooting off even with a normal sprayer on

Reactions: sixlargebeers and Jassyo06
I have a Karcher hose which is ok, but the connectors are sh*t IMO. Keep shooting off even with a normal sprayer on
You got them miniature coloured shower head nozzles ?

Reactions: NevMan and sixlargebeers
I have the Hoselock 'professional' yellow reinforced one with push connectors and it works fine with my Karcher

Reactions: NevMan and sixlargebeers
Use a Hozelock Tricoflex Ultramax Hose with brass connectors:thumbs up:

Reactions: sixlargebeers and NevMan
Use a Hozelock Tricoflex Ultramax Hose with brass connectors:thumbs up:

Now you are talking, brass connectors are definitely the best…well apart from stainless steel

Reactions: sixlargebeers and josul
Tool station sell them

Reactions: sixlargebeers, NevMan and josul
Any links to correct brass connectors?
Bought from Amazon, they are not branded but prefer them to the plastic type. Bought the normal and flow stop ones (handy when changing attachments or whilst setting up), if you want the stop type then these dont work on the tap end (due to being one way flow) so need both types.

Search for "6Pcs Brass Garden Lawn Water Hose Pipe Fitting 1/2" Quick Connector With Stop" these are £16.40 (£14.80 for none stop) for a pack of 6 plus £2 delivery. I have had a leak on one of the stop ends, it looks like you might be able to adjust it but I just swapped it over. Possibly better quality branded ones out there but for less than £3 a pop I am happy with them and would buy again. Had them since April 2019.

I also have some of the "Onarway Brass Double Male Connector Hose Extenders Hose to Hose Connector for Extending Two Female Garden Hose Pipe Tube Ends" which are canny too.

Reactions: sixlargebeers, NevMan and Frizzley
Bought from Amazon, they are not branded but prefer them to the plastic type. Bought the normal and flow stop ones (handy when changing attachments or whilst setting up), if you want the stop type then these dont work on the tap end (due to being one way flow) so need both types.

Search for "6Pcs Brass Garden Lawn Water Hose Pipe Fitting 1/2" Quick Connector With Stop" these are £16.40 (£14.80 for none stop) for a pack of 6 plus £2 delivery. I have had a leak on one of the stop ends, it looks like you might be able to adjust it but I just swapped it over. Possibly better quality branded ones out there but for less than £3 a pop I am happy with them and would buy again. Had them since April 2019.

I also have some of the "Onarway Brass Double Male Connector Hose Extenders Hose to Hose Connector for Extending Two Female Garden Hose Pipe Tube Ends" which are canny too.

Many thanks

Reactions: josul