Decent used RS3 deals

hood

Reaction score
Guys just a heads up for those looking for decent specced RS3s.
Tetbury Audi have a 15 plate Daytona with 3.5Kmls
RRP 53.5k now 42K-lovely looking motor.
A guy had pics on here a couple of months ago of a Daytona with Al. pack and although I would never have specced it it looked great.
They are part on Inchcape Audi group who have 12 used all in with some nice discounts from new.
Often the PCP finance on these is more due to higher interest rate but you can get private finance cheaper anyhow. e.g. Halifax or Bank of Scotland
This way you let someone else take the depreciation on the extras.

Reactions: AL_B and Jassyo06
Its good of you to post this up and that is a good saving, just wait for the "never by an ex demo.." crew to be along shortly LOL :)

TBH if you don't plan on keeping the car beyond the warranty period why care ?

Reactions: hood
That's why i bought used s3. Got a cracking deal and its just turned 2 and i am thinking on rs3 next within year (all going well) and will happily buy used again and get rid prior to end of warranty...

.....Runs off to look at finance options....... :)

Guys just a heads up for those looking for decent specced RS3s.
Tetbury Audi have a 15 plate Daytona with 3.5Kmls
RRP 53.5k now 42K-lovely looking motor.
A guy had pics on here a couple of months ago of a Daytona with Al. pack and although I would never have specced it it looked great.
They are part on Inchcape Audi group who have 12 used all in with some nice discounts from new.
Often the PCP finance on these is more due to higher interest rate but you can get private finance cheaper anyhow. e.g. Halifax or Bank of Scotland
This way you let someone else take the depreciation on the extras.

How do you get to £53.5k ? .. no roof, standard wheels... Reckon you can easily get 3k discount on new now and this one is now technically a year old so will have depreciated about £6k if you use Audi PCP figures. Not such a bargain. I paid > £44.5k for my new car. I would also be very cautios buying an RS3 demo, I would imagine launch control will have been over used!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't shoot the messenger.
I was just saying it was an option for guys wanting high spec cars but not wanting to pay 50K
Didn't know it was a demo but still a decent price

Not really a good option hood. No need to pay £50k at all. Reckon you can get half decent spec for £42-43 on the road.
You can buy mine in a years time for £45k if you like.

Anyone seen the super cars of London YouTube rs3 video? There's at least one car from the rs3 launch day on the used car network. I presume there are or have been others. The red one at Edinburgh KW15 GXO. Bet that has been well used. Pay your money, take your chance all 42k of it...

Swindon or Newbury had a launch car for sale with carbon bits. Nooooo thanks well and truly Rogered I would hope and expect!

Chaps, I'm looking at this one at the moment. Superficially it seems in good condition and it is pretty well specced. It does have the upgraded titanium wheels (C4L in the brochure), which look good with the grey and aluminium. It's got a lot of gadgets and it's got the dynamic pack too. It's now down to £39,990, but yeah it's an ex-demo. They tell me that it's only ever gone out for demo with a sales assistant, not loaned overnight or for hours at a time. Obviously they can't prove that and I can't confirm it. I haven't asked whether it ever got tracked either. It's got a couple of years warranty left, so is the ex-demo such a worry really? I suppose if the clutch goes, that won't be warranty covered but if it goes after 8k miles or so (it's on 4.2k now I think), surely I'd have a case anyway.

I know I might be answering my own question here, but I notice that the engine seems a bit 'ticky' when standing at the bonnet. You can't hear it while in the cabin. I've not had chance to take it out yet, but the guy reckons it'll go away when it's warmed up a bit. Is this normal, does anyone else experience this? Thanks.

so....did you go for it?

I can't see it on their website!

Pfft, it's under warranty, don't worry about it!

Reactions: 45bvtc
Yes, it's now bought. They let me listen to another car with the same engine and that sounded just the same on tickover too, It didn't go away when warmed up though. Perhaps it's an octane fueling thing? I'll see if it changes after a tank of good stuff.

Reactions: RYes3 and Scottyg
That KW15 GXO was at a hill climb day being ragged by journalists. Here's the footage of what the cars went through that day.

You can see the Red one with above Reg at 1.12 into clip.

Reactions: 45bvtc
Firstly I think there's a big difference between a store's demonstrator and a press demonstrator, so perhaps it's worth being aware of the KW plate cars. Secondly, the car is built for that kind of driving. If you're not doing that kind of driving fairly regularly in your own RS3 then you've bought the wrong car!

Reactions: RYes3
I wouldn't class buying an RS3 and taking it up a hill climb everyday to be normal driving! Also, driving like they journo's did will simply get you banned at some point. Just because you have a fast performance car it doesn't mean you have to drive it flat out at every opportunity. That is boy racer stuff!

PS If you're going to be doing that kind of driving, and that's what they are for, why stay away from the KW cars???

I wouldn't be bothered about seeing the car given a spirited drive like that.Really enjoyed that clip tbh.
The car is under warranty and the engine has had lots of miles bedding in in factory anyhow. Enjoy the car with no worries.
That vid makes me want to find a B road now!:busted cop:

I wouldn't class buying an RS3 and taking it up a hill climb everyday to be normal driving! PS If you're going to be doing that kind of driving, and that's what they are for, why stay away from the KW cars???
No, the hill climb is obviously not a public road and not something to be done regularly, if at all. What I meant was the sort of driving that a person might do in their accompanied test drive should be well within the capabilities of the car and shouldn't really trouble it too much. To be fair, I didn't say "stay away from the KW cars", I said "be aware of". People may well be happy to buy one of those cars featured in the video, but they should be aware that it's one when it comes to considering the risk and haggling the price.