Dechrome

jamey0512

Reaction score
Has anybody had their car blacked out yet? Ive been quoted £700 to black all the chrome and paint the side bits on the doors because the vynl doesnt stick to it well apparently, worst thing about it is that this price doesn’t even include the grill!
Help!!

Maybe you can DM @auzzam_crd assuming you are based in London...you can follow his youtube videos there is one about dechrome...

Received a quote for £200 and a quote for £500. Never had an issue with the chap who's quoted £200 so will see how it goes.

£700 is very steep. It's also BS about it being hard to stick to, we've had no issues with the subscribers cars that we have done.

We charge £300 for the majority of the bits that usually need wrapping. Hope that's a useful guide.

Reactions: jamey0512
Not sure if it helps but I’ve been quoted £700ish by 2 separate companies up north as well. I’m based near Leeds

£700 is very steep. It's also BS about it being hard to stick to, we've had no issues with the subscribers cars that we have done.

We charge £300 for the majority of the bits that usually need wrapping. Hope that's a useful guide.
Have you got any social media accounts to see your work?

Not sure if it helps but I’ve been quoted £700ish by 2 separate companies up north as well. I’m based near Leeds
Very expensive isnt it, as much as i want it done i dont wanna be paying over £500

i think key its to buy good vinyl not cheap one :) 3m 2080 its great and when heat up gets like plastik

Yeah dont want it to look terrible. Any recommendations for people up in liverpool or north west?

you can do it yourself :) i did templates for blades so almost no cutting need

20210708 0aaa90817

Reactions: SimonS38Y, MA3RC and Nathan89

I'm trying to "dechrome" those bits myself. Already tried some plastidip-ish product but that did not last long and it already peeled off ;(
So now I'll attempt to wrap it with 3M G12 2080.
Is there some clever way of removing those bits off the bumper for easier access or would i need to remove the whole bumpers first and I'm better off just just doing it with them in their place ?

View attachment 240461View attachment 240462

I'm trying to "dechrome" those bits myself. Already tried some plastidip-ish product but that did not last long and it already peeled off ;(
So now I'll attempt to wrap it with 3M G12 2080.
Is there some clever way of removing those bits off the bumper for easier access or would i need to remove the whole bumpers first and I'm better off just just doing it with them in their place ?
I'm surprised to hear Plastidip wasn't working. It's always been my go to product!

I'm still patiently waiting for my car, but I planned on trying these.... Absolutely no idea on the quality / fit. But they look decent

You can do it relatively easily without taking the bumper off, best way to do it is cut a piece of paper to fit and use as a template.

Then trim the vinyl whilst it's on the car, never had an adhesion issue just make sure the surface is clean before sticking :)

P.s I would personally keep the silver on the Navara blue, really pops. The black I feel sometimes can get lost.

I'm surprised to hear Plastidip wasn't working. It's always been my go to product!
It wasn't the original Plastidip. Some alternative called K2 Colorflex. And i might have put a too thin of a layer of it.
It basically just pealed off and partly tore from stone chips after a few days ;(

P.s I would personally keep the silver on the Navara blue, really pops. The black I feel sometimes can get lost.
Generally i agree and that's why i didn't go for the factory black styling pack in the first place. But after experimenting with the plasitip-ish stuff i believe the back and side of the car (especially with dark rims) looks much better blacked out. I'll probably just end up leaving the front grill/"splitter" and mirrors silver and black out the rest.

The front and back "vent blades" were quite easy to do as you all said. The long bit above the exhaust tips is just held with multiple clips and it was easy to pry off and wrap off the car.

I did wrap the "side skirts" on the car. But didn't do too good of a job. So now I'm wondering if it's possible to remove them to re-wrap it off the car ? Are you aware whether they are glued to the car or screwed in/clipped in somehow ?
I found some pictures which make me think they might be clipped in but I'm not sure..

Attachments

• side_trim_1.png
    side_trim_1.png
    441.7 KB · Views: 88
  • side_trim_2.png
    side_trim_2.png
    181.7 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Based in liverpool
Im based in liverpool myself & spoke to autowrapcentreliverpool & they apparently dont do audis?? No explanation why.. Hhmm weird.. all i wanted is to dechrome the audi badges front & back & dechrome around the grill & take off the A1 & tdi chrome letters at the back but apparently they dont do that??