Deciding on a colour?!?! Hardest decision ever

HereWeGo

Reaction score
I'm pretty much set on my spec, sportback, carbon black + comfort+sound. But deciding on the colour is SO DAMN HARD!!!

I really really like python yellow but not sure I would like a bright yellow car sat glowing on my drive 24/7 or when I want to be a bit more lowkey.

But then I'm torn thinking am I overthinking things and should not give a fudge what the neighbours think etc and just get what I want.

Basically a toss up between: Kemora Grey (safe option, looks great and very audi RS), White (Classic choice, not too garish but feels a bit understated for this special car), Turbo Blue (LOVE blue cars and looks good with black badges),

I think the only colours I can safely rule out are Kyalimi green and daytona grey (My current S3 is daytona grey so want a change)

Hellpppp!!!

Reactions: Waq1, Deep penetrator and Jassyo06
Out of those 4, I'd go Turbo Blue or White.

Grey looks crap and unfinished, it's a cheap option for manufacturers. I like Python Yellow but don't know if I'd want to draw that much attention to the car on a daily basis.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Out of those 4, I'd go Turbo Blue or White.

Grey looks crap and unfinished, it's a cheap option for manufacturers. I like Python Yellow but don't know if I'd want to draw that much attention to the car on a daily basis.

I agree re yellow and attention. Some days you just don't feel like having a garish colour and a 'look at me' statement. I think that would grate on me after a while. It'd be the perfect colour for a second car but this is my only car / daily driver.

Reactions: Mike.46
I think for potential resale, white will be the safest colour, if that's any influence?

We once had a yellow race car, through the summer it used to get covered in fly's, wasps etc, PITA to be honest

Wish there was a metallic dark blue option, that would be snapped up in an instant.
That is exactly what I wanted too, but Audi never seem to do one on the cars that I want when I want them!
If waiting to go for an Exclusive colour, then it should be to get something really exclusive, not just a standard colour which is not available on that model at that time.
There were a couple of pictures of really nice darker blues posted recently.

Reactions: HereWeGo
That options not available at the moment though
Can you even order one at the moment? My dealer said no orders allowed for the foreseeable...

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

That is exactly what I wanted too, but Audi never seem to do one on the cars that I want when I want them!
If waiting to go for an Exclusive colour, then it should be to get something really exclusive, not just a standard colour which is not available on that model at that time.
There were a couple of pictures of really nice darker blues posted recently.
I feel like the colour choice for the new rs3 is slightly limited. I'm sure a floret silver would look good too.

Reactions: Pinky1959
Can you even order one at the moment? My dealer said no orders allowed for the foreseeable...

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
No idea tbh
I thought they were still taking orders, just removed the exclusive option for now

I'm not keen on the RS3 yellow. In my opinion, if you're getting yellow it should be in your face, but the RS3's yellow is a bit dull compared to e.g. S3 vegas yellow.

I've ordered mine in Daytona. Would've loved the green but not brave enough :culpability:

Last edited:
Reactions: J7Y and Jassyo06
I think Turbo Blue suits the 8y it was my original choice on my order but as most know l had a Turbo blue TTS this year it didn't suit the car ....ergo couldn't go turbo twice in a row ...so opted for Riviera blue there's around 6 folks on here that I've read/know of that have gone down the exclusive paint route

Well that's that one decided.

RS3 Carbon Black Sportback in Kemora Grey ordered this afternoon!

Bring on the long wait. Rough estimate July delivery.

Reactions: Alan Oliver and 3vans

Lol so my dealer talking total BS then about orders!

TX.

I ordered 3 weeks ago & was told April. Won't be waiting until July for mine, If not close to that then Depo back please!

I ordered 3 weeks ago & was told April. Won't be waiting until July for mine, If not close to that then Depo back please!
April seems quite soon given the situation but here's hoping for you.

I'm quite happy with a longer wait as only bought my current car 5 months ago so more time to enjoy it before it departs

• Wow
Reactions: 3vans
That explains the hints of jealousy coming through then
Jealous? You think a lot of yourself mate. I couldn't give a flying crap. If I really wanted to, I could go and buy a brand new RS3 without having to use finance of any kind. I don't see the point in spending £50k+ on a car that you can't utilise to its full potential and is full of unnecessary electronics. By not wasting money changing cars every 12 months, I can retire before I'm 50, not many years to go, and live extremely comfortably.

He is like that all over this forum, rarely contributes positively, so on ignore

Reactions: J7Y, Deep penetrator and HereWeGo
Jealous? You think a lot of yourself mate. I couldn't give a flying crap. If I really wanted to, I could go and buy a brand new RS3 without having to use finance of any kind. I don't see the point in spending £50k+ on a car that you can't utilise to its full potential and is full of unnecessary electronics. By not wasting money changing cars every 12 months, I can retire before I'm 50, not many years to go, and live extremely comfortably.
Of course you could Captain Moneybags. You can be whoever you dream up on the internet.
You’re so busy working towards that elusive retirement you’re spending much of your precious time making sniping comments at Audi enthusiasts on an Audi enthusiast forum. Why are you even on the rs3 forum if you don’t like them?

Reactions: 3vans and NevMan