Default 2009 A4 Allroad 3.0tdi S Tronic - Jerky Gear change

Simon Clifford

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just recently purchased a 2009 A4 Allroad 3.0tdi with the 7-speed s-Tronic gearbox.

This is the first s-Tronic box I have experienced and have noticed that the gear change from 3-2 and 2-1 when coming to a stop can be quite jerky, is this normal ?

The car has a full Audi dealer history and I can tell it’s been looked after from the overall condition.

Hopefully someone can provide some advice / experience to either put my mind at rest or what needs to be done to resolve this issue ?

I have read that a reset can be done by pressing the accelerator pedal for 20s with ignition on, is this a good thing to try first ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi mate,

As others have said to me, it's very quiet on this side of the forum, most just post in the main A4 forum.

Good luck

Hi,

I have just recently purchased a 2009 A4 Allroad 3.0tdi with the 7-speed s-Tronic gearbox.

This is the first s-Tronic box I have experienced and have noticed that the gear change from 3-2 and 2-1 when coming to a stop can be quite jerky, is this normal ?

The car has a full Audi dealer history and I can tell it’s been looked after from the overall condition.

Hopefully someone can provide some advice / experience to either put my mind at rest or what needs to be done to resolve this issue ?

I have read that a reset can be done by pressing the accelerator pedal for 20s with ignition on, is this a good thing to try first ?

Thanks

hi simon
i have same car and same colour. i owned my car for approx 3 months before mine starting to do the same . it went back under warranty for a gearbox service and software upgrade . total cost was £2389 . hope this helps buddy . never mist a beat since then matey

hi simon
i have same car and same colour. i owned my car for approx 3 months before mine starting to do the same . it went back under warranty for a gearbox service and software upgrade . total cost was £2389 . hope this helps buddy . never mist a beat since then matey

Wayne,

Thanks for the reply, do you know what the £2389 covered ? As I’ve had my car in for a gearbox service recently and they confirmed the software was all up to date but it’s made no difference to mine!

Thanks Si

Hi si
I don't know the specs of what the did .but they had it in for over a week to sort it. There was at least 6 empty bottles of oil and lots of pizza like boxes in the boot when then returned the car to me . They told me that after the car has has a gearbox software update that the gearbox would need to learn my driving style before settling down. At first it was a bit notchy down the box and even stalled the first day back but it has been perfect to be honest . Just had new front wheel bearing fitted yesterday . I have the oil changed every 5- 10 thousand and it's been great. Mine is remapped and returning 45-55 mpg on motorway at 75 . Hope ya get it sorted si

Reactions: Simon Clifford
Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the info, going to take it back to Audi who have said they will do a free of charge investigation to see if they can find what the issue is. Fingers crossed.

Cheers Si