Defected from an A3 to an A1

dakmaster

Reaction score
Recently ordered an A1 BE, wasn't overly keen on the A1 when it first came out, but now i love the looks. Especially the black edition:rock: Spec is:

A1 2.0 TDI BE in Daytona Grey
Technology Pack
Bose System
Cruise Control
Auto Dim Mirror
Folding door mirrors
Front centre armrest

Should be ready mid september!

I think I'll be doing the same later this year. I don't dislike the new A3 but not overly impressed and the prices are too high for what it is. The other possibility is the new A class but the diesel engines seem poor!

If I do get the A1 will be pretty much the same spec as you've gone minus the tech pack.

I think I'll be doing the same later this year. I don't dislike the new A3 but not overly impressed and the prices are too high for what it is. The other possibility is the new A class but the diesel engines seem poor!

If I do get the A1 will be pretty much the same spec as you've gone minus the tech pack.
Hi slade, as i've been trawling the A1 threads i've noticed u a few times.
Seems you have alot of love for the A1 also. I've only had my A3 a few months, and whilst i think it's a great car, to me it just seems to lack something.
It's spent way to many years on the 8p chassis, they should have bought a new model out earlier, freshen things up a bit.

Some say the A1 is a bit small, but there's only me driving it, and with the same power i reckon it should be a hoot:racer:

This is only my personal view, but i think the A1 has character and think my A3 is a bit bland. I can't live with ibis either:banghead:

I have to say I totally agree. I love my A3 but with the new one coming out I think it's time to get rid and move on. Price is a big aspect for me and I don't want to stretch to the the new A3 prices.

Another thing that frustrates me about the 8p is lack of any equipment I know it's an older chassis but they could have given abit more for my £'s inside.

Ive driven a few A1's now and really impressed. Like you I very rarely need a boot or rear seats so the A1 is perfect. If the TT was a bit cheaper and the facelift came out sooner id be aiming to one of those.

My girlfriend bought a 2012 A1 completion line with full decal kit, it's the 1.6 diesel and I think it's brilliant, drives great with the suspension pack and all the interior detailing and multimedia/sat nav etc. makes the cabin a joy to be in ... Performance is good and people seem to like it and it gets a lot of attention (a bit like my old Clio V6) ... It doesn't seem to be too much smaller than my S3 ...

Martin