Delete intake manifold flaps 3.0tfsi?

Blowmyaudi

Reaction score
Hello.

I currently own a 2009 Audi A6 C6 3.0tfsi and the car pulled a p2006 and I think a 2008 errors also and obd readings flaps bank 1 and 2 are stuck closed.

I took the car to a local Indi shop and they said that either I replace the two intake manifolds of a cost of upwards of 1200 euros or they can delete via obd to just let the flaps stay fully opened all the time.

They tested the car out and they said car runs 110 percent better than before with over all improvement in power. My car did have a stage 1 flash before Taking to the shop and I never felt the power increase when it was giving the runner flaps error but know according to the mechanic, car runs incredible after deleting the flaps.

Anyone else delete them?

I only could find info on the 2.0 TFSI but nothing on the 3.0 TFSI.

Thanks!!

I would also appreciate some input on this issue. Why is this forum so messy and the search function so useless? I'm looking at a 2.0TFSI with massive carbon build-up and it's the first engine I've had with these intake and inlet flaps/dividers. They are such a blatant constriction on airflow that I have to wonder if it was part of the design to limit BHP and place the TFSI below their S3 engines.

Point being, I'm looking at an intake flap delete and I have to wonder if the swirl dividers on the inlets are worth removing also, again due to the excessive carbon build-up, although this might involve cutting the side inserts to fill the gaps. I'm aware of the need of a remap to solve the cold start issues.

Has anyone done or can point me in the direction of someone who has done this fully? I've seen a few videos online on people doing the intake manifold delete, but nothing on the head inlets.

Thanks