Delivery of an S3

db23

Reaction score
I’ve finally been told I can collect my Navarra blue S3 on Monday!

I’ve not been a huge fan of asking for things but just wondering if anyone has had a good experience and been given any freebies?

When I collected my merc I was given a full tank, branded umbrella and cap and a supagard kit all for free so I was thinking I could chance my luck and see what I could get from Audi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve not been a huge fan of asking for things but just wondering if anyone has had a good experience and been given any freebies?

When I collected my merc I was given a full tank, branded umbrella and cap and a supagard kit all for free so I was thinking I could chance my luck and see what I could get from Audi?

Congratulations! Wait almost over. I've just been on another thread saying how good the service has been from Cambridge Audi over the years but, generally speaking, Audi don't do freebies or discounts. When we picked up our BMW, we got a full tank and a great case full of Autoglym products. When we've picked up our last two Audis we've got... a quarter of a tank and a handshake (won't even get the handshake now thanks to COVID)! Depending on the dealer, the best you can hope for is a slightly over-the-top handover experience with a bit of a reveal/presentation. But not sure how likely that is in the current restrictions.

I got half a tank of fuel (which I assume is standard at my dealers) and a pack of Autoglyn products as part of the protection pack (which I got very cheap as a final ask whilst negotiating the price). Before delivery I asked for a couple of key rings and an iPhone cable - as compensation for not getting the full Audi handover experience (worth a go, I thought). I got the key rings - though I suspect everybody does - but was told that, since I had got a discount on the sticker price, there was no opportunity for freebies, though they’d be happy to sell me a cable (so far, the Bluetooth has been so good that I’ve barely needed one).

I got some warning lights which I did not ask for :D - sorry I couldn't resist LOL!

Never got anything both times, although I guess we did get the car delivered home and the second time we had 150 miles in the tank!

result considering the car we sold back had 0 miles left :)

Reactions: JohnM100 and NIKLDN
My first car (Seat Leon Mk3, 2nd hand ex mgmt car) i picked up from the dealer, I got some complimentary car mats (yes it came without) a brand new set of MMI cables (USB A and old apple connector one) air freshener and I think half tank of fuel (I did kinda did show my displeasure that it came without floor mats when I saw it the week before). 2nd car (Seat Ibiza) that was driven down delivered, I could use the remaining 1/4 tank of fuel, and request if it was possible to drop him off at the stn. 3rd car Volvo V40 I got to keep the pen I signed the car for which was Volvo branded (which had touch screen stylus usability on the other side of it mind you) and £30 worth of fuel, which was NO WHERE near enough to get me 300miles from Sunderland to London. I didn't ask for anything though. I did also once almost got a VW Polo SEL at the dealer, which they said they would include a free 1 litre bottle of engine oil and 1 yr roadside breakdown, which I joked, wow you mean this car drinks that much oil and is going to break down? The sales person didn't know whether to laugh or not.

They can keep they umbrellas, pens, usb cables, etc, I am more interested in things that I would otherwise be obliged to buy myself (rubber mats for winter, fitted boot liner, etc). However, I do tend to make the request several weeks before collection, so they can't use the "sorry, out of stock" excuse! One funny thing happen last week regarding freebies. I was giving the rear seats of my TT a good vacuum (not been touched in months) and noticed something squashed in the rear side pocket. (No-one ever actually sits in the back of a TT btw). The posh Audi-branded black bag contained a useful first aid kit. Been in there for near 3 years and never noticed!

You'll get Hee Haw....especially if you've had a good deal....if you've been ripped off maybe a mug or something...thing of the past l am afraid

Reactions: AdamInKent
They can keep they umbrellas, pens, usb cables, etc, I am more interested in things that I would otherwise be obliged to buy myself (rubber mats for winter, fitted boot liner, etc). However, I do tend to make the request several weeks before collection, so they can't use the "sorry, out of stock" excuse! One funny thing happen last week regarding freebies. I was giving the rear seats of my TT a good vacuum (not been touched in months) and noticed something squashed in the rear side pocket. (No-one ever actually sits in the back of a TT btw). The posh Audi-branded black bag contained a useful first aid kit. Been in there for near 3 years and never noticed!
First Aid kit you get in every Audi

Reactions: AdamInKent
Cheers for the replies, that’s it all good to go for Monday and confirmed I’m getting sweet f*** all for free! Was worth a try

Cheers for the replies, that’s it all good to go for Monday and confirmed I’m getting sweet f*** all for free! Was worth a try

Did you at least the best freebie of them all? An A3 that does not throw a technology tantrum?

I just collected my new Audi S3 Vorsprung in Navarra Blue from Halesowen Audi. All very low key with Covid. No real presentation or unveiling. I had factory ordered but this one became available sooner. I requested black gloss emblems and S3 badges to be fitted. UK spec didn’t come with that option. Dealership have agreed to reimburse me for purchasing the four badges genuine parts from Audi Parts Direct to total of £160. Other than that, had less than half tank of fuel.

Attachments

• 04AEF6D7-8BB6-4FC2-A99A-8F440F5DD0B8.jpeg
    04AEF6D7-8BB6-4FC2-A99A-8F440F5DD0B8.jpeg
    961.7 KB · Views: 359
  • 4A2DDF83-7210-4C95-A3E4-AC15E20F1806.jpeg
    4A2DDF83-7210-4C95-A3E4-AC15E20F1806.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 367
Reactions: toooldforboyracing, Terminator x, BarryG79 and 6 others
I just collected my new Audi S3 Vorsprung in Navarra Blue from Halesowen Audi. All very low key with Covid. No real presentation or unveiling. I had factory ordered but this one became available sooner. I requested black gloss emblems and S3 badges to be fitted. UK spec didn’t come with that option. Dealership have agreed to reimburse me for purchasing the four badges genuine parts from Audi Parts Direct to total of £160. Other than that, had less than half tank of fuel.
Still love Navarra, my 8V was that colour and not as hard to keep clean as some make out

Reactions: Matt Wainwright
Congrats @Matt Wainwright car looks amazing. @db23 good luck with your collection tomorrow. We look forward to some pics.

Reactions: db23 and Matt Wainwright

Very nice. I’ve ordered the saloon version in the same colour.
Do you have the reversing camera?

Very nice. I’ve ordered the saloon version in the same colour.
Do you have the reversing camera?

No, unfortunately not. I did on my previous S3 Sportback Black Edition 2018. It’s not something I thought I’d miss. It was always nice to have it than not. Although the new 2021 Vorsprung is fully loaded with so much tech and assistance.

Must say it does look a lot nicer in the Vorsprung spec Congrats

No, unfortunately not. I did on my previous S3 Sportback Black Edition 2018. It’s not something I thought I’d miss. It was always nice to have it than not. Although the new 2021 Vorsprung is fully loaded with so much tech and assistance.
Looks gorgeous bud! My saloon vorsprung doesn't have the closing tailgate - it only opens with the kick.

Could you confirm (as I suspect) that the sportback has the electronic close and an extra little button inside the boot?

P.s totally agree with you I do not miss the reverse camera nearly as much as I thought I would and to be honest they reduced the RRP by £600 when Audi took away the 360 camera.

Whilst that would have been cool, I'll rather have the £600 in my back pocket :)

Must say it does look a lot nicer in the Vorsprung spec Congrats
Annoying that you can’t have the blacked out grill etc unless you pay another £7k. Getting mine wrapped shortly so it looks the same.

Annoying that you can’t have the blacked out grill etc unless you pay another £7k. Getting mine wrapped shortly so it looks the same.
If you were anywhere near London I'd say pop on down! We've started dechrome wrapping for our subscribers :)

If you were anywhere near London I'd say pop on down! We've started dechrome wrapping for our subscribers :)
I’m in Yorkshire so unfortunately your absolutely miles away! Have found a company literally a mile down the road so hoping that they do me a good quote. It says £950 for a full car wrapping on the website, so can’t see it being more than about £300.

I’m in Yorkshire so unfortunately your absolutely miles away! Have found a company literally a mile down the road so hoping that they do me a good quote. It says £950 for a full car wrapping on the website, so can’t see it being more than about £300.
Yeah based up north I think that's fair, I've seen prices down south for up to £600 but the £300ish mark is what we're going for

Reactions: Moots

My cousin lives in Darby check his insta

iPhone 12 Pro

On the 8v I prefer the silver/chrome but prefer the black pack on the 8y . Don't blame you for getting it wrapped I can imagine a lot of people will be doing the same because of Audi's crazy packs/prices

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Looks gorgeous bud! My saloon vorsprung doesn't have the closing tailgate - it only opens with the kick.

Could you confirm (as I suspect) that the sportback has the electronic close and an extra little button inside the boot?

P.s totally agree with you I do not miss the reverse camera nearly as much as I thought I would and to be honest they reduced the RRP by £600 when Audi took away the 360 camera.

Whilst that would have been cool, I'll rather have the £600 in my back pocket :)
Yes, the Sportback has the electronic close and button on inside of boot.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I thought the adaptable dampers on the Vorsprung S3 would have sorted out the ride height of the car but it hasn't the S3 Vorsprung still sits too high off the deck

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

I thought the adaptable dampers on the Vorsprung S3 would have sorted out the ride height of the car but it hasn't the S3 Vorsprung still sits too high off the deck

Ive seen a few S3s now and the ride height is hilarious, they look like SUVs

Ive seen a few S3s now and the ride height is hilarious, they look like SUVs

Most cars are too high. Their marketing always lowers them to make them look better but they arrive higher than press shots.

Cupra Leon i was looking at is the same. Disappointing. There must be a reason for the height, like spring/dampener travel for level of comfort etc but Audi generally have stiffer rides than other manufacturers anyway I’ve found.

Most cars are too high. Their marketing always lowers them to make them look better but they arrive higher than press shots.

Cupra Leon i was looking at is the same. Disappointing. There must be a reason for the height, like spring/dampener travel for level of comfort etc but Audi generally have stiffer rides than other manufacturers anyway I’ve found.

A standard A3, a standard 1 series or diesel Golf I agree all generally sit too high. But an S/RS, M car or GTI/R should always sit low enough. Generally the wheels always sit too far into the arches as well, first thing I generally do is fit a good quality set of spacers, totally transforms the look of the car but only works if the ride height is also good. My last S3, my AMG and TCR have only required the spacers, ride height was spot on. The TCR (for me) probably sits the best out of all them, but it comes with specific springs which lower it 15 or 20mm more than a standard GTI or R.

How are folks not noticing this ...is beyond me

I agree, first thing I noticed when I seen the new S3 up close. Even my wife (who has absolutely no interest in cars whatsoever) mentioned it, if she picked up on it that is a red flag to me.

Reactions: Jassyo06

The 8Y across all variants sit too high or shall l put it in another way the 8Y sits higher than previous versions fact which looks guff I've already read this on here of owners mentioning this in their posts

I think it looks more apparent here as the tyres look like they have a little bit of a stretch going on. Looks like they’ve got a huge rim protector portion of the tyre.

I agree, first thing I noticed when I seen the new S3 up close. Even my wife (who has absolutely no interest in cars whatsoever) mentioned it, if she picked up on it that is a red flag to me.

l seen close up a few 8Y S3's the other day all sat around 60 mm from tyre to arch not only that the wheels themselves look further into the arches than the 8V ever did

Reactions: Chris4410
l seen close up a few 8Y S3's the other day all sat around 60 mm from tyre to arch not only that the wheels themselves look further into the arches than the 8V ever did

It’s very noticeably higher.

Any word on the TTS yet?

It’s very noticeably higher.

Any word on the TTS yet?
It's in 6th week awaiting a boat Grimsby Audi have given me an appointment for June 1st l can't fooking believe it the car was built 2 months ago...trying my best to jump into another TTS/TTRS as so l can cancel my order as l really need my own car now

Reactions: Chris4410
It's in 6th week awaiting a boat Grimsby Audi have given me an appointment for June 1st l can't fooking believe it the car was built 2 months ago...trying my best to jump into another TTS/TTRS as so l can cancel my order as l really need my own car now

Wow, that’s not good. I would be going nuts