dension gateway ipod interface

zx6rninja

Reaction score
looking at hooking my ipod up to my symponey 2 has anyone used the dension gateway to do this or is there a cheaper way of doing it,

TBH its your best & cheapest bet overall, theultimate way is rns-e mk2 & ami, but thats expensive, although very good :)

thanks nhn im not to fussed about going down the road with the rns option the missus drives the car a few miles each day and she wouldnt even know how to work the rsn,will give the dension a go,looks easy enough to install.

How much does the AMI cost and how easy is it to retrofit to the rns mk2

There are other considerations besides the rns to think about.

looking at hooking my ipod up to my symponey 2 has anyone used the dension gateway to do this or is there a cheaper way of doing it,

Just got the dension 300, with iPod and line in, ridiculously easy to install, just pop the head unit out and plug it in the back! Bit confused as to how to get the iPod control to work fully but I think its because I use spotify to listen to music, cost me £130, worth the money I'd say

Does the Dension gateway allow SD cards to be plugged in too?

Don't think so ducks, the dension 500 may be able to but I think it goes:

Dension 100 - Aux in
Dension 300 - Aux in and iPod/iPhone
Dension 500 - Aux in, iPod/iPhone and USB

Thats just off the top of my head but im sure its right, 500 is roughly £200-£300

Isnt the RNS with AMI maybe a better option then. The dension 500 is putting me off as its got B/Tooth which I dont need as I already have it

Okay Dension Five?? Has USB and IPOD

If I installed one of these can I choose not to use the BT on the device and utilize the one in the car??

The choice is unreal but not always right

whats all this about the 500? you only need the 100 if we're talking ipods/iphones.
nothing will beat the wired sound IMHO not even bluetooth.
ive got the gateway 100... can control songs off the head unit and the song information is displayed on the DIS.
the dension.. jams up about once a month for me.. my most common cause i have found is 1. if i am playing a song from the downloads list... turn car off... go to work... come back and it may not remember the downloads playlist.... i.e. goes to aux gateway and no ipod connected... but otherwise... if using normal playlists then never a problem... straight forward to re-set as well... few button presses and sorted but still annoying when in a rush and just want the music on.
the 100 comes with an aux input.. i had to buy the ipod cable seperate as not sold with the unit but total cost including delivery came to £120

I've just been looking at the 300 and you can plug in USB and IPOD, which means an SD Card into a USB reader should work.

You say you get text, Is that on the concert radio and your speedo Dis?