DETAILING: BLUEY has been detailed???

45bvtc

The Older I Get The Better I Was
Supporter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Now I kid you not but on our FIRST meeting a local RS3 owner asked if he could detail my car! TAKE a very DEEP breath, here....

Now I'm suspicious of this 'detailing' nonsense, and the guy asking was not offering bundles of confidence (this is now funny as I now know what I didn't know then).

So out comes loads of photo's of his previous cars; mostly dark colours (difficult) and ALL bl**dy clean!

Impressed? OK... Did I just say OK???

Sh#t, maybe I did....

BUT HOW can he improve on BLUEY, she's so clean anyway...

Step #1:

REN_Cornflower4_zpsb8a76f9d.jpg

Forget what I had, or how BLUEY looked: 10-hours or so later and here's what she looks like now...

P1020025_zpsb88908bb.jpg

P10200242_zpsd397e177.jpg

And here's a cornflower (just out of the garden) - just to show off the Cornflower blue...

REN_Cornflower2_zps7aa6924c.jpg

Reactions: HullRs3, wickedstef, quattro81 and 5 others
​Car looks amazing John. :) x

Reactions: L1ARR and 45bvtc
Super clean motor,great job done there mate!!

Reactions: 45bvtc
You could have warned me I'd need shades for both the shine and the coolness!!

I didn't think you could actually make your (unique?) car look any better John but that is a truly impressive shine. Great pictures too because the clarity of the wall signs reflected in the paint is incredible. The shine on those lovely 255 front wheels is the best I've seen on the Rotors.

Good to see the RS badge back on too.

Reactions: DAYTONA 500, 45bvtc and Sandra
That looks mint!! The colour looks so good :thumbup:

THE man was equally impressed with the 'gloss' on the wheels Mark, I'll now be doing his...

Sharing skills and experience can benefit ALL Mark, as you well know...

Very best regards...

Reactions: Mr_Freeze
John you got the detailing bug,i see some c2v2 gtechniq on the self , get over to dw now :)

Now I kid you not but on our FIRST meeting a local RS3 owner asked if he could detail my car! TAKE a very DEEP breath, here....

Now I'm suspicious of this 'detailing' nonsense, and the guy asking was not offering bundles of confidence (this is now funny as I now know what I didn't know then).

So out comes loads of photo's of his previous cars; mostly dark colours (difficult) and ALL bl**dy clean!

Impressed? OK... Did I just say OK???

Sh#t, maybe I did....

BUT HOW can he improve on BLUEY, she's so clean anyway...

Step #1:

REN_Cornflower4_zpsb8a76f9d.jpg

Forget what I had, or how BLUEY looked: 10-hours or so later and here's what she looks like now...

P1020025_zpsb88908bb.jpg

P10200242_zpsd397e177.jpg

And here's a cornflower (just out of the garden) - just to show off the Cornflower blue...

REN_Cornflower2_zps7aa6924c.jpg

Bluey looks awesome John - may have to go down the detailing route myself because best intentions of doing it myself have the G-techniq products (and now POR15 clear) still sitting at home on the shelf after 6 months! Nice to see what goes around comes around with helping fellow owners.

By the way, that's no cornflower, it's greater knapweed :) Trust me, I'm an ecologist (despite the car!).

Reactions: CHEZ and 8PARSY
Re: Bluey looks awesome John:

Thanks Marcus

Re: May have to go down the detailing route myself because best intentions of doing it myself have the G-techniq products (and now POR15 clear) still sitting at home on the shelf after 6 months!

I couldn't see how BLUEY could be improved upon; I can now…

Re: Nice to see what goes around comes around with helping fellow owners:

Absolutely! And this was a most enjoyable day for both of us. However, I have to do 'his' front brake discs now and the usual rusty front hub (that can be seen behind the brake disc) so that'll be another good day.

Re: By the way, that's no cornflower, it's greater knapweed :) Trust me, I'm an ecologist (despite the car!):

I DO trust you Marcus, I do! And thank you for that. For my sins I'm an engineer and NOT a gardener, if it grows then all well and good. I'll make a suitable marker…

PS: I think an RS3 is an entirely good choice for an ecologist, well done you!

Reactions: 8PARSY
John, what can i say ? stunning absolutely stunning!! :applaus:

Reactions: 8PARSY and 45bvtc
Bluey looks fantastic ... great job :thumbsup:

Be warned though ... you'll be joining the slippery slope of detailing soon !!

ALL of the credit MUST be given to another RS3 owner!

It was his knowledge and skill that did this; I just followed/helped/laboured, while my wife provided the sustenance, and later washed all of the cloths.

And if you think BLUEY's good, then the man needs to post pictures 'here' of his own, stunning, self-detailed, Audi RS3…

Reactions: 8PARSY and RS3copilot
ALL of the credit MUST be given to another RS3 owner!

It was his knowledge and skill that did this; I just followed/helped/laboured, while my wife provided the sustenance, and later washed all of the cloths.

And if you think BLUEY's good, then the man needs to post pictures 'here' of his own, stunning, self-detailed, Audi RS3…
It was good of you to let me EXPERIMENT on Bluey [as i had never done any detailing before i now know i can do the same on my car safely without doing any damage] only joking I've done it once or twice before LOL ,Bluey looks stunning with the Poorboys Black Hole Glaze topped with Dodo Juice Purple Haze Pro really brings out the colour it was a pleasure for me to do it and enjoyed every minute of the 10hr+ it took and as requested heres a few photos of my work in progress RS3 with exactly the same products as used on Bluey[ which were taken 6 weeks before detailing Bluey].

Attachments

• DSCN0408 - Version 2.jpg
    DSCN0408 - Version 2.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 196
  • DSCN0403 - Version 2.jpg
    DSCN0403 - Version 2.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 177
  • DSCN0420 - Version 2.jpg
    DSCN0420 - Version 2.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 175
Reactions: HullRs3, wickedstef, 8PARSY and 5 others
Hey john,

Did you have Bluey machine polished ? I've been toying with getting the Festool Shinex polisher and trying it out on my vivaro first.
Car looks fantastic.
Just finished cleaning the 'Red Arrow' ha ha.

Reactions: 8PARSY and MBK
Hey john,

Did you have Bluey machine polished ? I've been toying with getting the Festool Shinex polisher and trying it out on my vivaro first.
Car looks fantastic.
Just finished cleaning the 'Red Arrow' ha ha.

No Sean, it was a 100% hand-job which is why it took so long... :no:

Hey Sandra, sort those guys... :rulez:

As you saw last Tuesday Sean, BLUEY was in pretty good shape as was! But thanks to Daytona500 :applaus: she's now amazingly good!

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
No Sean, it was a 100% hand-job which is why it took so long... :no:

Hey Sandra, sort those guys... :rulez:

As you saw last Tuesday Sean, BLUEY was in pretty good shape as was! But thanks to Daytona500 :applaus: she's now amazingly good!

Ah ha...you finally gave in then John...:detective2: She looks amazing....:salute:

Reactions: 45bvtc and DAYTONA 500
It was good of you to let me EXPERIMENT on Bluey [as i had never done any detailing before i now know i can do the same on my car safely without doing any damage] only joking I've done it once or twice before LOL ,Bluey looks stunning with the Poorboys Black Hole Glaze topped with Dodo Juice Purple Haze Pro really brings out the colour it was a pleasure for me to do it and enjoyed every minute of the 10hr+ it took and as requested heres a few photos of my work in progress RS3 with exactly the same products as used on Bluey[ which were taken 6 weeks before detailing Bluey].

AMAZING work DAYTONA500, well done

Your car is stunning

And thanks for the how to do it and with what information I'll be trying that real soon

She always looks good John, but now even better than ever 😃

Reactions: 45bvtc and 8PARSY
Sweet.... Now TBH I never knew what detailing was until I saw those pictures and you have put my Red Fox to shame :anbet:
I thought detailing was to do with putting horrible go faster stripes or flame stripes & racing numbers all over ones car and having odd coloured alloys like certain types of motorists!
I hope the wax is not edible as if I tried this I will never get the job done if it tastes as good as it works.

Reactions: DAYTONA 500, 45bvtc and RS3copilot
Sweet.... Now TBH I never knew what detailing was until I saw those pictures and you have put my Red Fox to shame :anbet:
I thought detailing was to do with putting horrible go faster stripes or flame stripes & racing numbers all over ones car and having odd coloured alloys like certain types of motorists!
I hope the wax is not edible as if I tried this I will never get the job done if it tastes as good as it works.
The wax isn't edible, but the one used on Bluey smelled just like chocolate! Mmmm yummy.:yum:

Reactions: DAYTONA 500 and 45bvtc
Bluey looked even better in the flesh, not a swirl or blemish in sight and those are the most highly polished exhaust tips I think I've ever seen, they really stood out parked next to my rather sooty pipes!

Reactions: RS3copilot, Sandra, DAYTONA 500 and 1 other person
Sincere thanks to all...

Interestingly, post detailing, the dirt and dust just ain't sticking to it!

Detailed_002_zps58a35c89.jpg

Reactions: ice_cube99, Sandra and DAYTONA 500
Looks great john mine is starting to look suzuka grey ..

I bet the flies just slip off the bonnet John, Ha Ha :respekt:

Looking good John! :)

By hand OMG... suprised no paint correction was needed!

Looks fantastic, amazing shine. Mine needs some serious paint correction.