Detailing stater kit recommendation please

maxpayne

Reaction score
Hi There,

I’d appreciate some advice on a starter detailing kit. Currently I have our cars, an Audi A3 Sportback and a BMW E30, detailed professionally (especially the latter) which as you can guess adds up to a lot of $$$.

I’m constrained by the fact that I live in an apartment and the best I can do is get a water hose to the car and that’s about it. Getting a electrical connection may be a bit of a stretch so looking for a setup that works with a plain hose.

Right now this is what I have in mind:

- A good quality snow foam (BH auto?)
- A good quality hand foamer (Marolex 3000)
- Two buckets with good grit guards (??)
- Good quality shampoo with wax/protection (??)
- Good quality wash mit

As you can see I don’t know what bucket, grit guard or mit to get and open to suggestions on the rest.

Many thanks!

Meguiars are ok for buckets, guards and mits. No need to spend loads on the buckets just as long as they have the grit guards. Do not know about wash and wax products but heard the ONR (optimum no rinse) products are pretty good. I use a couple of caps (ONR non-waxed version) added to my normal BH auto wash solution after using the BH auto foam (applied with lance and PIR of 2%). I prefer to apply wax rather than using a wash/wax product and have used many different types of waxes in the past (Blackfire and Swissvax BOS my favourites currently). Cheers, Dan