Status
Not open for further replies.

LYRAC

Reaction score
By The Hole in the Wall, Kent, U. K. (The 1st Hol
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Details for Xmas Meet

For AudiSport .net I am trying to arrange a Karting Event at Lakeside Karting near Dartford Tunnel possibly late November on a Saturday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Two or three persons per team and then various lengths of endurance event. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

The cost PER TEAM would be would be; 1-hr £90.00; 1.5hr £135.00; 2hr £165.00;3hr £235.00; 4hr £295.00, a maximum number of 18 Teams for SOLE USE BY US !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif
Oh what fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

OK after all of that you will need some /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif !!
So if you want to I could be persuaded to organise a Greek evening /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif at a local Greek Taverna. If you bring your ‘other half’ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/heart.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/love_4.gifshe would be more than likely to agree if we went for the meal as well! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Well it’s all up to you!

LET ME KNOW NOW with ALL of your answers PLEASE
Karting?
How long an Event?
Meal?
Hotel?

and I will book it as soon as I have some numbers.

Make it one worth remembering!!
DO IT NOW!!

how about this one then........

Saturday - Rolling Road day at AmD with seasonal barbecue
Saturday night - drive down close to where the karting is and get oorselves booked in a hotel and have a few drinks/evening meal(Greek Taverna)/more drinks!
Sunday - Karting challenge

December 6th/7th sound ok????

I'm all for a christmas do...but would prefer something a little more midlands-ish.

Price for the karting sounds excessive to me - so its a no from me on that one.

I like the format of:-

- Saturday: Rolling road day at Amd
- Sat Night: Hotel, Meal (I like Greek!), Drinks
- Sunday: recover, drive home mid afternoon.

I think if people want to do karting, you've got to do it on the saturday. Can you imagine driving home on the Sunday after a 1-2hr karting endurance race? I've done one before and I was aching for days afterwards.

Those are my thoughts anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

AL

Fair point though Al - Karting does make you ache and give you bruises, then a long drive after that with a hangover :s

Is Alton Towers open during the winter !? Or something similar!

Second Al's comments re location. There are probbably 3 or 4 up here who would be up for a meet, but not so far south (16+ hours driving in a single weekend + beer isn't much fun) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I would like karting, to finally show John he is a slow *** driver /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

David

[ QUOTE ]
David R said:
Second Al's comments re location. There are probbably 3 or 4 up here who would be up for a meet, but not so far south (16+ hours driving in a single weekend + beer isn't much fun) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I would like karting, to finally show John he is a slow *** driver /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

David

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok a north and a south meet then, with a few weeks imbetween, I know a few will want to attend both!

i know im new here but the whole weekend thing sounds like a great idea /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif, it will give all us newbies a chance to put faces to names. Karting or no Karting i think it would be a good laugh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
Thats my thoughts anyway.
Adam
P.S - Alton Towers closes in October i think.

Well if everyone is up for Karting, then hows about we find a nice central location (nottingham'ish area - or a litle further north) and then find a nice restaurant/hotel near by???

Take a look at this site

Also think a rolling road morning would be fantastic too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Mark R said:
Speaking of which the karts have to be either twin engine, fast single engine or have a sytems of handicap for weight.

I'm sick of the light guys just driving off the line and away from me. Well, that's my excuse anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you winding me up Mark?
You must weigh all of 12 stone...that sort of weight blows away in a slight breeze!

When you are up around the 18 stone mark, you really have a dissadvantage, I can tell you! Bah!

[ QUOTE ]
AL B said:
Nottingham-ish, oxford-ish area certainly sounds better than trudging all the way down to Essex.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if thats the case, and we are going to be going to AmD, then oxford(ish) area would be good, but does depends on people up north to whether or not you still want to travel that far as it is still quite a trek!

Rich

And people down South /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif But at least it's fairer!

So Xmas Meet:

AmD RR Day - John can we get some pricing
Night out in - Stratford/Nottingham (or somewhere else someone can recommend!)
Karting in - ?

[ QUOTE ]
Ess_Three said:
[ QUOTE ]
Mark R said:
Speaking of which the karts have to be either twin engine, fast single engine or have a sytems of handicap for weight.

I'm sick of the light guys just driving off the line and away from me. Well, that's my excuse anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you winding me up Mark?
You must weigh all of 12 stone...that sort of weight blows away in a slight breeze!

When you are up around the 18 stone mark, you really have a dissadvantage, I can tell you! Bah!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why Ess_Three, you flatter me (Bats eyelids) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I'm closer to 15 stone though most folk seem to think I'm less for some reason. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

How easy do you think it would be to force feed the lighter folk an anvil or two on the night? Plenty of iron, get it down yer throat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Speaking of locations, if there is a Scottish one, how about raceland outside Edinburgh :

http://www.raceland.co.uk/start.shtml

They have twin engine outdoor. Could be fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
audi girl said:
And people down South /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif But at least it's fairer!

So Xmas Meet:

AmD RR Day - John can we get some pricing
Night out in - Stratford/Nottingham (or somewhere else someone can recommend!)
Karting in - ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

If stratford is OK for people, then take a look HERE

There are lots of restaurants and depends on what type people want to go to... Also, a date would be good.

Hows about December 6/7th or 13/14th? Would need to be booked pretty soon to guarantee somewhere.

Rich

November 22nd..... I've booked the Rolling Road for the day!
And Audi driver Magazine will be covering it, so if you come you'll get you and your car in the magazine!
Time for a new thread???

Thats kewl! How much will it cost?

Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Chaps,

If we're still looking for a Midlands location to meet and also Kart, there a good indoor karting track at Wymeswold, just off the A60, North Leicestershire. We could go karting and then finish off with a sesh in Nottingham or Leicester. The Narborough Road, in Leicester, is the best place in the country to eat curry and, if you're like me and can't stand the Xmas dinner rip-off scene, a curry is a good quality value antidote.

Anyway, just some Midlands knowledge for you. If you are looking for a central location, somewhere in the Nottingham, Leicester, Derby, Stoke quadrangle is probably more accessible to most people than Stratford which invariably means negotiating the M6 around Brum if coming South - not to mention the M42/M40 bottlenecks. The M1 is generally more accessible IMO. That said, the Lamb restaurant in Stratford is Yummy!!!

Just a few scrambled thoughts.

Well living on the M40 myself, the M1 is less accessible /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Tricky - either way someone has to get around Brum - either the Northern gang or the Southern gang.

Although if we are doing an AmD RR Day on the Saturday, you Northern guys will have to get down to J9 on the M40 anyway!

Rolling road day sounds brilliant. I'm really looking forward to that.

[ QUOTE ]
Wando said:
Remember for those attending the rolling road day that Bicester is 45 mins South of Birmingham!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm happy with that. But obviously the Scottish based lads might not be. I like the M40 you can reach some good speeds down it - although I believe its important to keep your eyes open for coppers these days. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

AL

Yep Roll On Scottish Meet at a weekend so we can make it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

So are we agreed:

<ul type="square"> [*]Saturday - AmD RR then drinks &amp; food (Stratford?) [*]Sunday - Karting at Whilton Mill? [/list]

Please reply indicating what you want to do;

AmD RR

Evening Drinks &amp; Food (inc. hotel)
Audi_Girl
Wando

Sunday Karting (I'd suggest not too early!)
Audi_Girl
Wando

So we can get some idea of numbers and get stuff booked up!!! We'll try to avoid restaurants with "Christmas Menus" - I do agree that a curry or something similar would be a plan ! Express your preference!

go on have it down south lakeside is only half an hour away for me, well it was but in the A4T its about 20 mins now,actually im going karting sunday28 oct at Buckmore Park which hosts major championships (the karts do 80 mph down the straights and it's only 10 mins away(for me).
To be fair the midlands is probably the fairest venue for most people,Nottingham rocks nowdays and a lot of my family live around there,oops this is sounding like lets organize a trip for Steve,look forward to meeting everone soon

AmD RR
RichA3Turbo
JayA4Trubo

Evening Drinks &amp; Food (inc. hotel)
Audi_Girl
Wando
RichA3Turbo
JayA4turbo

Sunday Karting (I'd suggest not too early!)
Audi_Girl
Wando
RichA3Turbo
JayA4turbo

[ QUOTE ]
a curry or something similar would be a plan ! Express your preference!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.