Dial-A-Phone!!! ****** liars!!!

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
Right so im due an upgrade on my mobile, im with Orange at the mo, rang them and they wouldnt do me any sort of deal at all, even though ive been with them for nearly 15years!!

All they said was that they only look at the last 18mths as this was the term of my last contract, and as my line rental was so low, they couldnt do anything for me.

I was after the HTC Desire and they were just saying £150 for the handset and £30pm, just as any other customer.

So i rang around a few companies and ended up opting for dial-a-phone, even though I had a bad feeling about them!!

So they said we can do the same tarriff etc, but we can do the handset for free, so I said ok lets go with it, so the person I spoke to said, ive put one aside for you, will be with you in a couple of days!!

Happy days, so i thought, so i take a day off on day of delivery after getting an email to confirm its all good, so i ring them to confirm what sort of time if that can be set, and i just had to check if they had any in stock and to my amazement!!! Im told no we dont have any, havent had any for a few days and not likely to get any for at least another week or two!!!

So i lost it, told them to cancel my order and that i dont like being lied to, considering I havent even taken a contract or done a deal with them and they are lying already!!!

So thats it really, im not really fussed about upgrading, as im happy with my current old skool, but perfectly working phone, just got all excited, so Orange have now offered the phone for £100 but with cheaper line rental, but im still thinking of giving up as ive given them £1000s!!!!! and they cant give me a measly little phone.

Rant over....

Have a nice day :)

Thats OK - I feel your pain....

My renewal is due soon so looking forward to these fun and games....

I am lucky, Three have offered me the Smasung S for £25 permonth with 5k texts and mins, and 1GB interweb. Just need to pay my bill now,lol

LOL...thanks Mark, just what i wanted to hear!!!

Is that with Orange too and have you been offered that direct from Orange or through another company.

Welly, good luck with it mate, why cant things just be simple!!

I got me an N97 mini FREE on a £15pm tariff, 300mins unlimited text 12 month contract! Need to speak to cancellations Nilzy, only they have the power to give you decent deals, the others are just online sales peaple trying to hit their quotas! The cancellation people are there to try and keep customers. I'm with Voda btw.

No I know Mark, its cool, I always go through to cancellations, dont even bother with any of the other divs!!!

This is all they offered.

i changed over to the HTC Nexus One, from I-Phone and wish I hadn't. best to look round for better deals in my opinion as now i'm stuck for another 20 months before i can upgrade.

I ordered an HTC desire from Dial a phone for the missus and I have to say I have nothing but praise for them tbh!
Ordered it online, came the next day. Phone was free on an 18 month contract for £25 a month inc internet and I just received my £40 quidco already.

Must say it has awful battery life though much worse than my HD2

So after all of the above, I decided, I wasnt happy with the service and response I got from Orange Customer Services re my upgrade, so I wrote an Email to the CEO of Orange on Friday afternoon, Monday morning I get a call from his team, saying we are really sorry for all that has been caused and that they can now offer me the HTC Desire for free and a contract of my choice, so i opted for 500mins, unltd text/data and email (Fair Use Policy) and picture messages too, all for £20 a month.

I got the phone the other day, im quite impressed with it, but I havent used the sim yet as my new price plan doesnt go live till the next billing date which is 2 weeks away, so I dont want to start using it and rack up data charges unnecessarily!!

I did set it up on my wifi at home and must say the response of it and the way it works is very quick and smooth.

So which is the better phone HTC Desire or the Iphone 3gs??? Mines due up soon and I currently have the Nokia E71 which is pretty good.

The iphone is a good phone, but dont expect any discounts or deals at upgrade, they are very limited on what they can offer, i think the HTC is a very good phone, the only downside with it is the battery life is quite bad on it, but apart from that, im very impressed so far. :)

See if you can have a play with one, as you may be able to get one of these for free on an upgrade.

i hate orange and i'm in the process of a massive complaint. They will not get away from me!!

Nice work Nilz.

We have an Iphone3gs and I have the Samsung Galaxy S. They are strangely similar, and then different at the same time. They do pretty much the same things, but in different ways.

Didnt bother with the Iphone 4 as everyone wanted one so we had better deals on the 2 mentioned above

Cheers Mark, Im happy with the outcome of this, only downside is that there is TOO many things on the phone...lol!!

Oh and my data plan doesnt start until next week, which seems like forever when you have a phone that can do all this fancy stuff.

Im like a kid with a new toy that has no batteries!!!