Diesel additives and cleaners

SM18

Audi A3
Reaction score
does anyone use redex stp diesel cleaners / dpf cleaner? Are they worth it? I would say 7/10 times I fill up I use the better diesel. Only ever fill up with bp or shell. Are those additives just a gimmick?

My mate always used the forte diesel treatment on every service on my previous cars. Whether it works or not I’m not sure. None of my old cars ever failed mot emissions or had dpf failures. It’s only my new ones that’s under warranty that’s had failed dpfs.

Parents used to use redex in their old 3.0 X5 and definitely did help leading up to MOT. Bare in mind that was an older car being on a 54 plate

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The great diesel fuel con as Cetane number is not disclosed unlike Octane with petrol .

Reduce diesels ignition delay for smoother running and less soot production...

2 Stroke ( low ash mineral ) - JASO FB .

Millers Diesel Ecomax ( contains
2 -EHN ) .

2- EHN .

The great diesel fuel con as Cetane number is not disclosed unlike Octane with petrol .

Reduce diesels ignition delay for smoother running and less soot production...

2 Stroke ( low ash mineral ) - JASO FB .

Millers Diesel Ecomax ( contains
2 -EHN ) .

2- EHN .

Used 2 stroke in my old astra van every few fill ups. 300ml to a tank. Started easier and ran smoother and quieter. Assume it just lubricated the injectors and made them a bit quieter. I think 2 stroke also has good cleaning properties.

It's got no more lubrication of injectors than normal derv .

Because it's primarily a petrol additive it must burn like petrol so you're effectively adding a catalyst speeding up the inherent derv ignition delay improving the fuels Cetane number .

Assuming 2-EHN (99%) products should all work the same??? There's so many out there, which is best to buy!?
Also, I keep hearing this "2 stroke oil" term! Which oil are you meant to buy/add into your diesel???

JASO FB spec which has lowest ash content, understanding this a little.
Which brand/bottle do you buy?

EXOL

wpa5ae77c2_06.png

OPUS

wp51590450_05_06.jpg

TOTAL

wp8d00c491_06.png

Optima Two Stroke

OPUS TWO STROKE OIL

2-Stroke Oil